Decent compact required

Status
Not open for further replies.
The S95 is the best compact on the market, IMO. That is of course apart from the s100 which I'm told is even better.

This is baring in mind i've also owned the 'best compact' of almost every brand of camera, including Panasonic, Nikon, Olympus, Sony etc etc

Are you shooting in low light? Is the focus locking before you take the shot?

If I were home I'd post some examples of photos I've taken that are pin sharp, and looking at reviews others have achieved this as well.

Concurred. It's every bit as sharp as my Nikon D40, even wide open.

I was actually going to post examples I took with my s95 and my D90 to see if anyone could spot the slr/compact. Because I bloody can't :lol:

If I use my D2 and one of my middling lenses, the S95 matches it. It starts to fall down only when I use a lens that cost more than the S95.

Works well fast and slow anarl - this is 1/1600, and this is the same(ish) subject at 8 seconds.

I wonder if the OP got a dud?

If I use my D2 and one of my middling lenses, the S95 matches it. It starts to fall down only when I use a lens that cost more than the S95.

Works well fast and slow anarl - this is 1/1600, and this is the same(ish) subject at 8 seconds.

I wonder if the OP got a dud?

Maybe. I'd see no reason why any high end, even mid level compact would have blurred faces.
Did you stay at the fairmont like marra?

Last edited:
UaeExile said:
Maybe. I'd see no reason why any high end, even mid level compact would have blurred faces.
Did you stay at the fairmont like marra?

Aye mate. Really liked it, though I went to the Shangri La for a few drinks, that place is unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back