December Voting Thread- 12 Days of Christmas

Picture of the month for December

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that you can remember your settings. I can see that those settings would give people the blur/movement, but how did you get that snow effect then? Was it just very windy or something?

The snow was extremely heavy, and the slightly low shutter speed helped 'fill' the sky. The camera I was using also has knackered light seals, so that probably helped with the overall 'white-out' effect too ;)

Well done PB, fully deserved and about time you won in my opinion

Well done PB, fully deserved and about time you won in my opinion

Seconded, well done. Your shots this year have consistently been interesting and you deserved it this month.

Well done peachy.

As we all know those shots are harder than you think due to the constant movement but you got a good composition and without a motor drive.

Great shot.

Well done peachy.

As we all know those shots are harder than you think due to the constant movement but you got a good composition and without a motor drive.

Great shot.

Are we gonna see you back on here in 2011 Mercia? Miss your contributions.

Are we gonna see you back on here in 2011 Mercia? Miss your contributions.

I'll try and have a go but I've not been taking many pics for a few months now. I started scanning in the hundreds, maybe thousands, of 35 mm shots from before the days of digital but then got sidetracked.......

Plus a car accident in December didn't physically hurt me but psychologically left it's mark.

Now my wife wants me to photograph and catalogue her Japanese and Chinese collection of porcelain because she can't keep up with it herself, a photographic problem in itself because of the reflections you get on gold trim etc but she has a couple of hundred pieces......I've been practising for a while now but just cant get it as good as I'd like.

So sounds like excuses, but I might have a go the odd month.

Keep up the good work though janie as I like your style.

Last edited:
:lol: Aye, that might help.

I'm just glad she doesn't have much glass ware.
Thanks Not Spav and Lucky K.

Mercia I hope you recover from the accident, sometimes pyschological injury is harder to get over than physical - so here is wishing you well.

I am sure you could do contre jour with a porcelain pot! :)

Thanks Not Spav and Lucky K.

Mercia I hope you recover from the accident, sometimes pyschological injury is harder to get over than physical - so here is wishing you well.

I am sure you could do contre jour with a porcelain pot! :)

Hi peachy

Unfortunately not long after posting earlier I was informed my eldest daughter had died during the night. She was 37.

So I'll probably not be posting for a while but wish you all well for the New Year.

God bless you all.

Oh Mercia, I am so sorry to hear that tragic news.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I'm still in a bit of a shock really. It all seems so surreal.

Looks like it was the flu.

So please take care of yourselves and see you all again, on here.

Take care and God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back