December Challenge - Contre Jour (2) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out of all the themes, this is the the technique that I've become most fond of since.

Probably says a lot about how few even vaguely decent shots I've taken in 2011, but one of my faves of the year was taken after learning contre jour in January.
Logon or register to see this image

I like this one anarl. Is that baby seal lying on your couch tame?

:lol: Can't see it myself, there are some white cushions and a case off some astronomical doobrie.

I don't think I am going to get round to taking any other shots now, so will have a punt with the telescope one.

Out of all the themes, this is the the technique that I've become most fond of since.

Probably says a lot about how few even vaguely decent shots I've taken in 2011, but one of my faves of the year was taken after learning contre jour in January.

works well I reckon

smoker said:
:lol: Can't see it myself, there are some white cushions and a case off some astronomical doobrie.

I don't think I am going to get round to taking any other shots now, so will have a punt with the telescope one.

works well I reckon

Nice that like smoker. After a slow start we're getting a few entries now.

Are you allowed to use the full moon for contre-jour or does it have to be the sun?

What kit are you using there smoker ? Do i see an equatorial mount with a short apo refractor and red dot finder? What is the cable? scuse my nosiness.
I'm using a 4" celestron MCT but hoping to eventually get a William optics megrez 90 for some better astro photography :)

What kit are you using there smoker ? Do i see an equatorial mount with a short apo refractor and red dot finder? What is the cable? scuse my nosiness.
I'm using a 4" celestron MCT but hoping to eventually get a William optics megrez 90 for some better astro photography :)

WTF did you just say....:confused:

Phil, as it happens it's the old style WO Megrez 90 on a Vixen GP mount. The red dot finder is William Optics as well. The cable is just the RA to handset cable off the mount.

I mainly use it for portable use these days, ie outreach events and starcamps, but I used it as my main imaging scope for some time and it is a solid performer.

WO 90 on my EQ6.

One piece of advice, though, if/when you invest in field flattener get the Televue, rather than William Optics MkIII. I'm sure there must be a correct spacing for the WO but I never found it.

Last edited:
Just hoyed one in. Also went to George Square in Glasgow as they have a wheel as well. Alas, the best position to be in to capture that was right next to the rides for the younger children. No fuckin' way was i standing there as i was on my own. Got a couple though. There was a bloke guarding the memorial as there was still poppies there, and he kindly let me step over the chains to grab this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back