December 9th live footy on tv

I thought (and still think) Grayson was a pastie-eating, lizard/pig hybrid mumbler who was absolutely hopeless & crapped his nappy at every home game. Yet here I am, dreading playing his team of tangerines on Sarrada. Eeh, A dinnar, what's the world coming tee, eh? I'll be there though, giving Grayson & probably the ref a good old piece of my (rapidly degenerating) mind. Oh, yes, indeed....
The last home game before Christmas, is usually a time for lower than average attendances, so while the official attendance will be around 25-30,000, I'd be amazed if there is actually 20,000 in the ground, which has it's advantages, for those of us who like a pint or cuppa at half time.

The last home game before Christmas, is usually a time for lower than average attendances, so while the official attendance will be around 25-30,000, I'd be amazed if there is actually 20,000 in the ground, which has it's advantages, for those of us who like a pint or cuppa at half time.
Wise words, HC. I generally content myself with a standing stretch & a few physical jerks (and no, before ye ask, that's not an unkind dig at our players).

Wise words, HC. I generally content myself with a standing stretch & a few physical jerks (and no, before ye ask, that's not an unkind dig at our players).
:lol: :lol:
I was able to walk straight to the front of the queue, at the refreshment kiosk at the SEC, at half time, against Burton.
I've not seen it so quiet, at half time, it's like, everybody had lost the will to live, drink or pee, after watching the first half. 😄

I was able to walk straight to the front of the queue, at the refreshment kiosk at the SEC, at half time, against Burton.
I've not seen it so quiet, at half time, it's like, everybody had lost the will to live, drink or pee, after watching the first half. 😄
Aye & the alleged crowd was neewhere near the stated figure, in my estimation. Great days, HC, ha, ha. But, nee matter how bad it gets we can arlways thank our lucky stars we're not mags!

Aye & the alleged crowd was neewhere near the stated figure, in my estimation. Great days, HC, ha, ha. But, nee matter how bad it gets we can arlways thank our lucky stars we're not mags!
Exactly, mate.
I had mates, I grew up with, who travelled all over the country with me, following SAFC, in the 70's, but they jumped ship, over to the dark side, when the Keegoon revolution started.
We've not spoken in nearly 40 years, but I don't hold a grudge. - they made their choice to support another team. We just don't mix socially, any more.
Such is life.
I made new match day friends, and I know I've been blessed, not with watching great football, but blessed with having amazingly loyal mates, from all over the north east, who I wouldn't swap for the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahaha....That's the spirit. Just read through yours and everyone's posts, excellent as always. I'm expecting a crowd of 12-13k tomorrow v Luton but officially it'll be 20k+ with ST's. We'll see. Just in now, Mrs phoned me to see if I'd pick up fish and chips on the way home, there was an uneasy silence. I think she always wishes she'd never had let me name the twins....Have a good night 👍.

Hahahaha....That's the spirit. Just read through yours and everyone's posts, excellent as always. I'm expecting a crowd of 12-13k tomorrow v Luton but officially it'll be 20k+ with ST's. We'll see. Just in now, Mrs phoned me to see if I'd pick up fish and chips on the way home, there was an uneasy silence. I think she always wishes she'd never had let me name the twins....Have a good night 👍.
Evening SFATI and evening all

Exactly, mate.
I had mates, I grew up with, who travelled all over the country with me, following SAFC, in the 70's, but they jumped ship, over to the dark side, when the Keegoon revolution started.
We've not spoken in nearly 40 years, but I don't hold a grudge. - they made their choice to support another team. We just don't mix socially, any more.
Such is life.
I made new match day friends, and I know I've been blessed, not with watching great football, but blessed with having amazingly loyal mates, from all over the north east, who I wouldn't swap for the world.
How could anyone do that? Must have been born mags, marra.

Back