December 9th live footy on tv

Aft'noon Cloughy, Hank, et al

I hope you're in fine fettle, mate.
Another well written offering, from your good self, and I fully agree with your comments.
Our continued slump, cannot be blamed, entirely on the manager, in fact, I would apportion blame, mostly on the players, who seemed to have downed tools, and in some cases, appear to have switched professions, from football to sumo wrestling, judging by their very prominent stomachs.
The problem is, if PP is sacked, who ever comes in, will still be left, with the same bunch of disinterested, gutless, unprofessional, half arsed, players (at least until January)
The whole club, is in a downward spiral right now, and, we desperately need something good to happen, sooner rather than later, to lift the gloom, that's hanging over the club and its supporters.
I'll still be there on Satda, come rain, hail or shine, hoping for a win, as usual.

Have a good day, Cloughy

Aft'noon Bonzo
Have a good day.
I agree with you, HC. I'll be there too. After all, when you crawl on your belly through the tunnel of shite, the light at the end looks brighter than bright. Things will get better. It will likely take some time. Our patience & resolve will be tested, but we will endure. The final reward will be ours, if not in this round of life, then in the next. Come what may, we keep at it. Occasionally, we might even smile, ha, ha.

Have a good day, HC, la. My grindstone is feeling neglected: I must return to her forthwith!
What the club has achieved since is just as impressive. Won't list it all, but their youth set-up has gone from being so-so to one of the very best in a quite short period of time. A very good example to follow.
Proof (were it needed) that such things are not beyond the wit of men. Of course, they must be the right men.

Good day to you, may I wish you fifty shades of Fred Pontin. The clues are there....

Last edited:

Morning all, a bit chilly here. Anyway I’m intrigued that you feel the need to start prepping two days in advance.......
You’re only having sausage and beans !
Good to see you’re getting into the Xmas spirit though.
I’ve a long day at graft tomorrow & want to cook the sausage plaits then cos on Wednesday I won’t have time as the gang will arrive mid/late afternoon & want to eat soon after.
So today I will split the sausage meat into 3 & add stuff to 2 - like a marinade I suppose :)

Imagine if other businesses were run the way we run football.

A butcher's shop isn't doing so well, so they get a new manager in who decides to change it into a bakery. His butchers aren't very good as bakers (they weren't great as butchers either, remember, but that's another tale, an ox tail, perhaps) - although some of their customers were heard to have called them "master bakers", or so I heard, or misheard - and the customers soon turn their backs on them, despite the fact the manager recruited a few bakers to show the butchers how it should be done.

So, the owner of the shop says: fear not, I know, I'll get another manager in, who's doing a good job in the candlestick maker's down the road. The new manager changes the shop (that was a butcher's & still has a few butchers working there but then became a baker's, with a few bakers still on the books) into a candlestick maker's. Lo & behold, neither the butchers nor the bakers are very good at making candlesticks, so the manager recruits a few candlestick makers to show the butchers & bakers how it should be done. It turns out that neither butchers nor bakers are any good at making candlesticks despite the presence of the new candlestick makers. Truth be told, they don't really want to make candlesticks, even though some try their best whilst others... well, they don't.

Of course, this sad little story is based on a fairytale & has no relevance to Association Football. But it's worth pondering (you might think) on how things might have turned out had the owners stuck to butchery (!) all along & when things didn't turn out so well for the first manager, they stuck to being a butcher's shop, hired another manager who wanted to continue managing a butcher's shop rather than turning it into a bakery or a candlestick emporium & when some of his butchers didn't come up to scratch, he hired more butchers in their place, better skilled, stronger willed butchers who wanted to be the best butchers they could be. Would they, I wonder, have lived happily ever after?

Last edited:
I’ve a long day at graft tomorrow & want to cook the sausage plaits then cos on Wednesday I won’t have time as the gang will arrive mid/late afternoon & want to eat soon after.
So today I will split the sausage meat into 3 & add stuff to 2 - like a marinade I suppose :)
Aye reetio. Enjoy your evening mate. I’m minding my three year old grandson. He’s just fell off to sleep. I walked into the kitchen for a drink and a seagull has crapped all over the patio doors and the bloomin window cleaner was here about two hours ago !
So I’ve been out and cleaned them again, I tell you what it’s pretty cold out there.

Aye reetio. Enjoy your evening mate. I’m minding my three year old grandson. He’s just fell off to sleep. I walked into the kitchen for a drink and a seagull has crapped all over the patio doors and the bloomin window cleaner was here about two hours ago !
So I’ve been out and cleaned them again, I tell you what it’s pretty cold out there.
Is the seagull employed by the shiner? ;)

Evening all I'm not watching sky's build up they've got the fat Spanish waiter on he's joined their panel
Evening Hank lad and everyone...

I don't think I'll bother either ....
Morning Hank morning all

The Gunners for me tonight, don't watch soaps either, SAFC is a proper soap opera

Another catch up day today

Have a great day one and all
Hi Sis...I've pmd you mate...

Last edited:
Evening all I'm not watching sky's build up they've got the fat Spanish waiter on he's joined their panel
Imagine if, during this week's Board Meeting, the Americans just said: "We're taking over now. Goodbye Philip. Stewart, before you leave too, get the Fat Spanish Waiter in, whatever it costs."

I don't like or particularly rate him, but the mag reaction would be worth waiting for (and you wouldn't have to wait long!).

Will I see you on Saturday marra
I thought (and still think) Grayson was a pastie-eating, lizard/pig hybrid mumbler who was absolutely hopeless & crapped his nappy at every home game. Yet here I am, dreading playing his team of tangerines on Sarrada. Eeh, A dinnar, what's the world coming tee, eh? I'll be there though, giving Grayson & probably the ref a good old piece of my (rapidly degenerating) mind. Oh, yes, indeed....

Back