Death sentence for fraud

A mate lives right next to the court. Says the aftermath was ridiculous. About 20 prison vans with blacked out windows and massive police presence. She was obviously on one of the prison vans. I assume they didn’t expect anyone to spring her so maybe were worried someone would try and kill her.

She’s refusing to say where the money went. It’s speculated that the death penalty is just to spook her into spilling the beans.

I have been in malacanang and seen the shoes,the politics of the country are a cesspit far worse than the UK,it’s not going to change in a long,long time.
I went to Malacanang in 1990 and to the Marcos country residence with its own golf course near Laoag the following year. The Marcos museum I went to in Laoag had a fridge in the back garden with Marcos mother inside it, two cronies sat on the wall next to it who told our lass the body got taken out every now and then to change its clothes

I went to Malacanang in 1990 and to the Marcos country residence with its own golf course near Laoag the following year. The Marcos museum I went to in Laoag had a fridge in the back garden with Marcos mother inside it, two cronies sat on the wall next to it who told our lass the body got taken out every now and then to change its clothes
I remember the Philippines back in the 90’s it was “interesting” I went into Rosie’s Diner on Del Pilar in ermita,I was a kid and went in with a lad from Suddick,there was a brown out and a prostitute showed us a hotel,it turned out to be a brothel,strange place back then.

If guilty weigh the cost of keeping them in jail for 25 years as opposed to disposing of them, depending on the type of crime.

(In the West, however, it seems that the greater the sum involved, the less serious the consequences.)

It's not a death sentence, but Madoff got 150 and SBF got 25 despite a lot of victims getting funds back in the latter's case. I always associated big frauds with being one of the worst crimes you can commit in terms of punishment, at least in the US

It's not a death sentence, but Madoff got 150 and SBF got 25 despite a lot of victims getting funds back in the latter's case. I always associated big frauds with being one of the worst crimes you can commit in terms of punishment, at least in the US
I'm split on it. On one hand, its non violent crime - but then you see people comitting suicide in the post office scandal (which you can basically say is reverse fraud?) - so is it really different to actually killing people?

Its not black and white, is it?

I'm split on it. On one hand, its non violent crime - but then you see people comitting suicide in the post office scandal (which you can basically say is reverse fraud?) - so is it really different to actually killing people?

Nope, not at all. So many different forms, demographic and number of victims, outcomes of the fraud on said victims etc.

Part of me is very very tempted to agree, but I'll have to notify @Some Random Guy as here comes a Sir Terry Pratchett quote...

"Cats are like witches. They don’t fight to kill, but to win. There is a difference. There’s no point in killing an opponent. That way, they won’t know they’ve lost, and to be real winner you have to have an opponent who is beaten and knows it. There’s no triumph over a corpse, but a beaten opponent, who will remain beaten every day of the remainder of their sad and wretched life, is something to treasure."

Part of me is very very tempted to agree, but I'll have to notify @Some Random Guy as here comes a Sir Terry Pratchett quote...

"Cats are like witches. They don’t fight to kill, but to win. There is a difference. There’s no point in killing an opponent. That way, they won’t know they’ve lost, and to be real winner you have to have an opponent who is beaten and knows it. There’s no triumph over a corpse, but a beaten opponent, who will remain beaten every day of the remainder of their sad and wretched life, is something to treasure."
Wise words. I like to keep things simple. Off with their heads. imho.

Wise words. I like to keep things simple. Off with their heads. imho.

I know where you're coming from, but sadly it won't stop this kind of thing happening.
You could argue that prick who murdered his wife (I think) in Bradford could do a fresh air dance, but it won't bring her back either sadly

I’m against the death penalty but I think life should mean life and in shit conditions.
I know where you're coming from, but sadly it won't stop this kind of thing happening.
You could argue that prick who murdered his wife (I think) in Bradford could do a fresh air dance, but it won't bring her back either sadly
It won’t stop things happening. There’s a death penalty here for drugs over a certain quantity but smuggling and selling is still rife. It’s not a deterrent.

Last edited:

Back