Deacon Blue

Looks like Rickys confused you ,then you're confusing me .I Get both meanings , I don't think its that clever .Better than average but not amazing
It's never confused me. It's not a confusing opening line. It just has parallel meanings. If you can give me a better opening shot I'll consider it.

You do get the double meaning though don't you

Observant?
:lol: Aye ffs.
Aye,of the punters in the bar .To be honest if I could get past the over egged vocals and faux sincerity and only ever hearing them when they were bouncing around on totp I may have read the lyrics a bit more . Just seemed to be one of those bands who loads of 10 records to their collection type people ,took to.Like that style of music(storytelling,character lead,kitchen sink stuff ,boy girl) never existed before
Yep. In short, awful.

I think the current present Mrs Dinsdale was looking at tickets and it was her that discovered the price. £85 each :neutral:
No they’re not, £37.50 or so each, maybe £85 for two with Ticketmaster fees. I love them and seen them about ten times. The only trouble is they have a formula of about 70% of the hits, 25% of the latest album and 5% of other stuff. We have a couple of DVDs of them in Glasgow so I won’t be shelling out £85 for the two of us to see them again

mixed reviews here for Deacon Blue as a band :lol:
I will say, have seen them 3x live (back in the 80/90's phase) and they were an excellent live band.
And to put things into perspective, grew up on Bowie, Roxy and T.Rex… was never impressed with so called hard or prog rock... the punk scene blew me away, and my biggest vinyl collections (as in I have all their product) are Roxy, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Smiths, New Order, Depeche Mode, Curve, Inspirals, Carter USM, Proclaimers, Madness, Simple Minds, and about 50% of Ennio Morricone's soundtracks since the 60's.... never been a big fan of so called commercial pop, hate all the Idols and manufactured garbage since millennium, can't stand Coldplay or U2 .... bottom line, Deacon Blue are actually a very good band

How can anybody be disappointed going to see Deacon Blue?
If you don’t know what your going to see / hear you need looking at for spending money on the ticket.
80’s 90’s sing a long, Ricky has a decent voice and his Mrs is still decent on the eye.
The dignity sing along is worth the £30 alone

No they’re not, £37.50 or so each, maybe £85 for two with Ticketmaster fees. I love them and seen them about ten times. The only trouble is they have a formula of about 70% of the hits, 25% of the latest album and 5% of other stuff. We have a couple of DVDs of them in Glasgow so I won’t be shelling out £85 for the two of us to see them again

is that for Newcastle city hall though? Problem with city hall (and the arena) is it’s a small venue, so they have to either overcharge to get decent bands in or the venue has to subside the tickets. City hall is skint so they won’t be subsidising. My mate works for one of the promotion companies so I’m ITK on that one:lol:

is that for Newcastle city hall though? Problem with city hall (and the arena) is it’s a small venue, so they have to either overcharge to get decent bands in or the venue has to subside the tickets. City hall is skint so they won’t be subsidising. My mate works for one of the promotion companies so I’m ITK on that one:lol:

At least they let you take your drink into the show with you now

City Hall is £37.00, not sure where your £85.00 comes from

Back