DCCC T20 Players for 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what relevance has county cricket which isnt on tv and the world cup where he isnt playing in any relevance to this debate

in addition am i really any different to most of the other posters on this board in terms of the cricket i watch bar the Ashes which were crap
for england it was the best series in nigh on a quarter of a century.

it was great to watch.

thought it would be right up there for you with ally cooks performances?

what relevance has county cricket which isnt on tv and the world cup where he isnt playing in any relevance to this debate

in addition am i really any different to most of the other posters on this board in terms of the cricket i watch bar the Ashes which were crap

County and domestic one day cricket has plenty of Sky time these days. Of course not much relevance to South African state cricket but I do wonder how you have formed the opinion he is quality, unless you have watched him live somehow from your humble abode in Essex.

County and domestic one day cricket has plenty of Sky time these days. Of course not much relevance to South African state cricket but I do wonder how you have formed the opinion he is quality, unless you have watched him live somehow from your humble abode in Essex.

AS LONG as people are consistent when to give an opinion on a player you have to have now watched them play live for 5 years

Seen him play for South Africa on TV

for england it was the best series in nigh on a quarter of a century.

it was great to watch.

thought it would be right up there for you with ally cooks performances?

couldnt get excited about it. two mediocre sides

enjoyed us getting walloped 5-0 more.

No im not very patriotic and yes im a conesseur of quality cricket and to watch Warne in particular was something to behold

Last edited:
Both lads averaging 30+ at over 125 SR for t20

Maybe not big names, but look decent

Peterson and Botha have been on the scene a lot longer

Is Yardy really better than Rashid

Probably not but it's not the best comparison, Rashid is an attacking leg-spinner while Yardy is a defensive spinner who never bowled a ball in county cricket last season and before this tournement had the best economy rate of any regular England bowler in ODI's this year, you can see why he was picked.

Probably not but it's not the best comparison, Rashid is an attacking leg-spinner while Yardy is a defensive spinner who never bowled a ball in county cricket last season and before this tournement had the best economy rate of any regular England bowler in ODI's this year, you can see why he was picked.

Botha and Peterson have experience on the interantional stage, our saffer hasnt really played that many games.

Experience always wins out when you can only pick 15

hang about so we are moaning, yet we are getting in particular with the South African two hungry young players who have just broke through into their 20/20 national sides

madness - WTF did Taylor do last year

Young and Hungry players are the ideal overseas players you want
Both signings, if they come off, have the look of Benkenstein and MDV about them. Remember they, although not as young had hovered about their national sides as well and although they had talent in abundance just never quite made it to the test side.

I actually started to look around cricinfo last year at players such as Millar to find characters with a similar career path to MDV & DB.

AS LONG as people are consistent when to give an opinion on a player you have to have now watched them play live for 5 years

Seen him play for South Africa on TV

couldnt get excited about it. two mediocre sides

enjoyed us getting walloped 5-0 more.

No im not very patriotic and yes im a conesseur of quality cricket and to watch Warne in particular was something to behold

i simply cant understand why you should think that.

still if it floats your boat

Taylo was worth going to see these two aren't anything special, hopefully I'm proved wrong and Durham can make it to finals day. The real plus point I see is that both will probably be available for the whole tournament.

because the quality of cricket was much better

doesnt help these days when half the side are foreigners
yet statistically england beat every record in the history of aussie v england encounters

is that not showing quality?

stats that go against essexboys views don't count carty you should know that by now.
i feel sorry that he thinks 2006/2007 was better.

one dominant team, rubbing englands nose into the dirt.

far to one sided. surely competitive series are of a better quality?

i feel sorry that he thinks 2006/2007 was better.

one dominant team, rubbing englands nose into the dirt.

far to one sided. surely competitive series are of a better quality?

but it wasnt competitive.

competitive is like Adelaide 2nd test 2006/7 which went down to the final session with all results possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back