Dazzle ships

Meant to be a big 1:200 RMS Olympic coming soon, that would look fantastic in her wartime dazzle.

Logon or register to see this image
I’ll take a look.

Me and the boy are doing Warspite atm. After that King George V. I prefer ww1/2 era war ships although after watching the daughter do Black Pearl I wouldn’t mind Victory or something similar.

Probably take best part of this year for Warspite :)

I’ll take a look.

Me and the boy are doing Warspite atm. After that King George V. I prefer ww1/2 era war ships although after watching the daughter do Black Pearl I wouldn’t mind Victory or something similar.

Probably take best part of this year for Warspite :)
I did a little Victory a few years ago, absolutely loved it then the missus sent it flying when cleaning. I've also lost a USS Constitution and a 1:48 Lancaster I was absolutely chuffed with.
The bairn tripped over some of her stuff she left on the floor the other day and he used my Me109 to steady himself so that was trashed. Keep an eye on the likes of Lidl and Aldi, one had a fairly largish Mayflower in the middle aisles not to long ago.

Got the massive 1:96 Cutty Sark in the wardrobe, Lord on knows when I'll get round to starting it.
I thought it was made obsolete with the introduction of modern radar systems?
I remember reading it was more an "identity" thing than anything else, think most are going for greys and blacks but Severn has "western Approaches" which is the green and white posted further up, that's the same scheme destroyers operating in the area used to confuse Fritz and his wolfpacks.

I did a little Victory a few years ago, absolutely loved it then the missus sent it flying when cleaning. I've also lost a USS Constitution and a 1:48 Lancaster I was absolutely chuffed with.
The bairn tripped over some of her stuff she left on the floor the other day and he used my Me109 to steady himself so that was trashed. Keep an eye on the likes of Lidl and Aldi, one had a fairly largish Mayflower in the middle aisles not to long ago.

Got the massive 1:96 Cutty Sark in the wardrobe, Lord on knows when I'll get round to starting it.

I remember reading it was more an "identity" thing than anything else, think most are going for greys and blacks but Severn has "western Approaches" which is the green and white posted further up, that's the same scheme destroyers operating in the area used to confuse Fritz and his wolfpacks.
Bit clumsy your family aren't they?

Sure they don't dislike you and are doing it deliberately?

Unfortunate, might wanna get a case for the Cutty Sark when it’s done so the Mrs can’t side swipe it next time.

Excuse to buy another one I suppose :lol:

I get the Mrs to do the odd sweep, Lidle have some atm but just small stuff like spitfires etc. alright for brains to learn with like.

Fortunately/Unfortunately Hannants is half hour down the road :lol:

I must have been about 12 and had just glued the last pieces of rigging on a model of HMS Victory, as I sat back to admire it one of my sisters pushed the other one off the sofa and she landed bang on top of the Victory. The model was shattered, I went ballistic and it's still talked about over 50 years later.

Logon or register to see this image
Just been reading up on this because I’ve always loved the look of the things, which must have looked a totally alien concept in the early 20th century. A revolutionary idea to confuse the enemy regarding size and distance. Absolutely beautiful, apart from the black and white stripes :) I’m sure @Big Duke Six will be old enough to have sailed in one.

The Rise and Fall of Dazzle Camouflage
Fascinating that, knew nothing about it.

Suppose it goes someway to explain why you would come out looking like a Rubik's cube in an effort to disappear when it was your turn at the bar.

Back