Dazzle ships

mini-x2

Striker
Logon or register to see this image
Just been reading up on this because I’ve always loved the look of the things, which must have looked a totally alien concept in the early 20th century. A revolutionary idea to confuse the enemy regarding size and distance. Absolutely beautiful, apart from the black and white stripes :) I’m sure @Big Duke Six will be old enough to have sailed in one.

The Rise and Fall of Dazzle Camouflage

Just been reading up on this because I’ve always loved the look of the things, which must have looked a totally alien concept in the early 20th century. A revolutionary idea to confuse the enemy regarding size and distance. Absolutely beautiful, apart from the black and white stripes :) I’m sure @Big Duke Six will be old enough to have sailed in one.

Car manufacturers do this now with their new models before release.

I live near a vehicle proving ground and often see new models of car, all camouflaged up, heading to and from the place. They look mad.

Car manufacturers do this now with their new models before release.

I live near a vehicle proving ground and often see new models of car, all camouflaged up, heading to and from the place. They look mad.
This. The WRC teams also use it to hide their new models.

Me and the boy make model ships now and then and dazzle is often an option for the paint scheme. Always bottled it 🙂

Sailed in one🤨 try painting the fecka.

Had a good read about them not long ago after seeing something on here

They do look awesome

Wonder if it's frowned upon to have a dazzle car

Think the wife must wear dazzle clothing in supermarkets because every time I turn round for a second she’s either disappeared or she’s five aisles away
I think they all do Marrow. Does my heed in.Our Lass loves getting to the till ,and then disappearing cos she's forgotten summat. :evil:
Her party piece however, is getting home, unloading the shopping, then getting her coat back on. I say, "where are you going?", she says "down the shop", "ive forgotten summat". :eek:

Last edited:

Back