David Hodgson - Under The Cosh Podcast

Looking very well tbf, will watch later, cracking player and played his part in the '85 Cup run.

As a kid the main thing I remember him for was heading the ball downwards from around 6 yards out at the RE in the abandoned game v Liverpool and the ground was that frozen it bounced way over the bar!
Game got abandoned at half time,if I remember correctly.

I remember first seeing him as a kid playing centre forward for Boro and he loojef a cracking prospect but clearly had one problem he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo when it came to goal scoring snd that gift never left him.
Main memory of him is that shot in the first few minutes of the Milk Cup Final. I was right behind it and thought it had gone in but it just dipped over the bar. Decent forward tbh.
Story of his career

Good enough to play for a good Liverpool team, he’s got a couple of League Chmpionship and a Europeancup winners medal iirc

Really good player if he could only finish

Was he a centre forward? Wasn’t clear from the podcast.
Iirc he was for Boro. Liverpool had him playing just off the front man (Rush) when he played. More midfield for us as well.

I liked him as a manager, he had Darlo playing great stuff with Marco up front. Should have got promotion tbh but they got beat off Peterborough at Wembley

Back