David Hodgson - Under The Cosh Podcast

A very enjoyable watch that.
The 1985 Wembley tickets stuff is pretty shocking, terrible by Ashurst.

I hate McMenemy as much as Hodgson does but he must have been having the odd pint in the Pear Tree pub which he said he bought and lived above. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be drinking through the week maybe with other players getting an invite as well.

Who knows I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️ I'm just trying to work out why McMenemy would hate him so much.

Last edited:
Looking very well tbf, will watch later, cracking player and played his part in the '85 Cup run.

As a kid the main thing I remember him for was heading the ball downwards from around 6 yards out at the RE in the abandoned game v Liverpool and the ground was that frozen it bounced way over the bar!
Remember that, but mainly for the ref Trelford Mills (I think) abandoning at half time. Rumours going round at the time that if it was called of in the 1st half we could have got a refund, but if it was at half time or after then we got nothing. Might have just been a gullible young'n though.

Looking very well tbf, will watch later, cracking player and played his part in the '85 Cup run.

As a kid the main thing I remember him for was heading the ball downwards from around 6 yards out at the RE in the abandoned game v Liverpool and the ground was that frozen it bounced way over the bar!
Wow

My no1 memory too

Roker End

Wow

My no1 memory too

Roker End

Back