David Hodgson - Under The Cosh Podcast

Iirc he was for Boro. Liverpool had him playing just off the front man (Rush) when he played. More midfield for us as well.

I liked him as a manager, he had Darlo playing great stuff with Marco up front. Should have got promotion tbh but they got beat off Peterborough at Wembley

Darlo had a very good team that season, probably should have got automatic promotion given he had; Andy Collett, Neil Aspin, Craig Liddle, Heckingbottom, Bennett, Atkinson, Gray, Neil Heaney, Wainwright, Marco etc.

Reynolds spent a lot of coin on that team, they were class to watch as you said though. Marco just glided past players.

Looking very well tbf, will watch later, cracking player and played his part in the '85 Cup run.

As a kid the main thing I remember him for was heading the ball downwards from around 6 yards out at the RE in the abandoned game v Liverpool and the ground was that frozen it bounced way over the bar!
Was that not Peter Daniel?

Always remember his goal against QPR in the fullwell end. Picked up the ball about half way and dribbled into the goal. It felt as a kid like he'd beaten every one of their players on the way to goal, when in fact it was about 2 :lol: :lol:

I was looking forward to this.
His impersonations are crap but he’s pretty good at blowing his own trumpet.
Not a patch on Jason McAteers.

Main memory of him is that shot in the first few minutes of the Milk Cup Final. I was right behind it and thought it had gone in but it just dipped over the bar. Decent forward tbh.
Just checked Youtube to see the shot to refresh my memory and I noticed this regarding Norwich semi final game against Ipswich in the 2nd leg as never seen it before.

Does anyone notice anything familiar about it? 🤪

Also see Gatesy who joined us in the summer playing for them along with Alan Sunderland. Hodgson's shot is at 9 mins 43 secs

Just checked Youtube to see the shot to refresh my memory and I noticed this regarding Norwich semi final game against Ipswich in the 2nd leg as never seen it before.

Also see Gatesy who joined us in the summer playing for them along with Alan Sunderland. Hodgson's shot is at 9 mins 43 secs

Terrible game. We were awful that day.

Ha blimey well spotted 2 almost identical deflections!

Iirc he was for Boro. Liverpool had him playing just off the front man (Rush) when he played. More midfield for us as well.

I liked him as a manager, he had Darlo playing great stuff with Marco up front. Should have got promotion tbh but they got beat off Peterborough at Wembley
Sounds like fagin might have plans for him at Liverpool but he wanted the chance of a move to Sunderland, he was on a good wage at anfield

Back