Dave Jones and Tom Sloanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you think there would have been a 'lawsuit' based on what Neville says then you are very much mistaken. There wouldn't have been.

Just listened to the interviews with both. It was like a game of cliche bingo between the two promoted by the interviewer.

I want to know what is going to be/done and change- not their first Sunderland game.

All well and good talking about memories, but you need to create some for the next generation as well.

I have only read half of this thread, but its amazing that people some people can manage to be so negative about these appointments.

Both are lifetime lads fans, both clearly get what Sunderland is about and both have been hugely successful in their careers and will have many contacts in the football world.

I can't predict how things will turn out, but surely it can't do any harm at all to have people like these involved with and advising the club?

I have only read half of this thread, but its amazing that people some people can manage to be so negative about these appointments.

Both are lifetime lads fans, both clearly get what Sunderland is about and both have been hugely successful in their careers and will have many contacts in the football world.

I can't predict how things will turn out, but surely it can't do any harm at all to have people like these involved with and advising the club?

I think its good that we have people involved that we hope have the clubs best interest at heart.

However, there is only so much positive in that, what if they are heavily involved and have the wrong idea about football?

Predicting things is SD's job and he has proved to be lacking at it.

I think its good that we have people involved that we hope have the clubs best interest at heart.

However, there is only so much positive in that, what if they are heavily involved and have the wrong idea about football?

Predicting things is SD's job and he has proved to be lacking at it.
Having someone involved who won't say what they think for fear of upsetting the person who is responsible for them being there isn't a good look for a non executive director.

Having someone involved who won't say what they think for fear of upsetting the person who is responsible for them being there isn't a good look for a non executive director.
We don’t know that he’s going to do that though do we? Yet again this is one of those things that will only be proven with hindsight. Hopefully he does a good job. Time will tell.

There is a big difference between the two things. Come on man, think about it. For starters, one role is very public, and his paid job, the other isn't at all.

Is this the Jones on Sky thing?

Personally not fussed about it, more interested in if he will be able to assist the club in any meaningful way. Remember thinking im glad he wasn't here when listening to his RR podcast, but cant remember why?
We don’t know that he’s going to do that though do we? Yet again this is one of those things that will only be proven with hindsight. Hopefully he does a good job. Time will tell.

Our hindsight because we don't know details.

However he is here because of SD's foresight, which we know is lacking so im not that hopeful.

Last edited:
Is this the Jones on Sky thing?

Personally not fussed about it, more interested in if he will be able to assist the club in any meaningful way. Remember thinking im glad he wasn't here when listening to his RR podcast, but cant remember why?

Our hindsight because we don't know details.

However he is here because of SD's foresight, which we know is lacking so im not that hopeful.
well yes exactly
and
Fair enough.
And I’m generally hopeful until shown otherwise.

So SD brings them in a few weeks after bringing in PP and saying will can spend in Jan. Then shortly after this decides to go lol. Something must have happened last week or so

So SD brings them in a few weeks after bringing in PP and saying will can spend in Jan. Then shortly after this decides to go lol. Something must have happened last week or so
It has. The #Donaldout campaign. He always said he’d move on if he was told he’s not welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back