Darts 2020

Just caught up on this afternoons session. Poor Dirk, 7 180's, 103 average, think he was 45% on the doubles, but still lost 5-10 :lol:. He's obviously capable, but Price will need to seriously raise his tournament level to be able to live with MVG later.

well thats merv king qualifed for 2021 grand slam
2021 PDC World Championship seeds. Pairings mean if all goes to plan they would meet in the last 32

First quarter

1 Michael van Gerwen
32 Ricky Evans

16 Joe Cullen
17 Jonny Clayton

8 Dave Chisnall
25 Danny Noppert

9 Dimitri Van den Bergh
24 Jermaine Wattimena
2021 PDC World Championship seeds

Second quarter

5 Rob Cross
28 Jamie Hughes

12 Glen Durrant
21 Adrian Lewis

4 Michael Smith
29 Devon Petersen

13 Gary Anderson
20 Mensur Suljovic

Third quarter

2 Peter Wright
31 Gabriel Clemens

15 Krzysztof Ratajski
18 Simon Whitlock

7 James Wade
26 Stephen Bunting

10 Ian White
23 Jeffrey de Zwaan

Fourth quarter

6 Nathan Aspinall
27 Vincent van der Voort

11 Daryl Gurney
22 Chris Dobey

3 Gerwyn Price
30 Brendan Dolan

14 Jose De Sousa
19 Mervyn King

Last edited:
King going on like bit of a prick afterwards. I don't think MVG went over the top with his celebrations but you'd think he was right in Kings face the way he was going on
Just how King is really, he's proper old school with the way he plays darts. I have to agree with him sometimes, the way some players go on is embarrassing

Kings 1st final for years shame he spoilt it with way he went on,once he showed he was inside his head he was never going to win,mvg quite correct saying you cant take notice of your opponent, however King was brilliant throughout the week

Just how King is really, he's proper old school with the way he plays darts. I have to agree with him sometimes, the way some players go on is embarrassing

No problem with a bit of passion, but it has become a bit tedious when the likes of MvG and Price go over the top every time they win a leg, hit a big score etc.

No need for King to look so pissed off, however, as he would have known fine well how MvG reacts.

No problem with a bit of passion, but it has become a bit tedious when the likes of MvG and Price go over the top every time they win a leg, hit a big score etc.

No need for King to look so pissed off, however, as he would have known fine well how MvG reacts.
Yeah I find it a bit off putting now the over the top celebrations. Forever changing now darts. Must admit I cringe at Price and MvG though.

Yep, just watched that live on SSN:

It'll likely be to do with the fans and protocols (or to make it more prime time in growing audiences like Germany, Netherlands, and the rest of continental Europe), but 5.45pm for an 'evening' session is really early. Those not WFH will barely be in the house, plus you're almost certain to be having your evening meal at some point. It doesn't really bother me because I tend to watch the programme an hour or two later anyway to fastforward the many breaks, and sometimes to fastforward the first couple of throws so that it's down to circa 301 instead of 501, but for those actually watching live, 7pm would be so much better.

Obviously a lot of filler as usual to involve some more obscure nations (although some can obviously play), but there's some decent R1 matches there, and some intriguing potential R2 matches.

Looking forward to it getting underway in 12 days.

Let's have you 4 semi finalists...not looked at draw in detail mind so don't know if they can meet prior to the semi but...

Gerwin price
Jose da Sousa
Peter Wright
Duzza

Just looking at the draw, I don't see anyone apart from Dimitri van den Bergh (loves the big stage) bothering van Gerwen in his 1/4 of the draw. All depends how Duzza is feeling after covid he's struggled lately so I'll go for M.Smith in that 1/4. 3rd quarter could be eventful with Whitlock Vs Ratajski in round 3 and the winners potentially playing Wright in round 4. For that reason I will go for James Wade from that 1/4. The final 1/4 I will go for Price, though he has a potential round 4 game with De Sousa which will be good then potentially Aspinall in the 1/4 finals, a very tough section. Mvg, Smith, Wade, Price.

I wonder if Callan Rydz is still going to be modelling that "Coach drivers combover" haircut at the World Championships ;)

Back