Darts 2020

I'm on Van den Bergh. Had an off day today and still through.

Wade is 11/10 to beat him in the Semis.
Said it on here before he won the matchplay, he loves the big stage for Dmitri. James Wade is James Wade, not much else to say. Whitlock is in good form and De Sousa is lethal has won on the European Tour recently. Very much all to play for, today was superb. Personally hope James Wade wins it but ultimately all 4 are good players who deserve their success.

Cracking day / night of darts, and good to see a few more familiar posters back on here.

Fair play to Whitlock *15-13 down, at the point of no return, needed to break, hold, and break, and (helped a bit by MVG missing 8 match darts) he did just that - first time he was ahead in the match. 21 180s for the Wizard is some going. I swear he hasn't aged one bit since losing to Webster in that BDO final about 13/14 years ago.

Good to see MVG playing a bit better this week, still nowhere near where he was a few years ago, and doubt he'd miss 8 match darts in those days, but possibly the best I've seen him on TV this year. I really hope he wins the Worlds, he's never really been a favourite of mine, but when you look at his resume:

3 world titles, one more than Adrian Lewis, seems nowhere near enough for what he has done over the past 8 or 9 years. He used to be between evens - 11/8 for pretty much every event he played, and I used to often like him to lose in TV majors just to level up the playing field a bit, as he was that good, but it's kind of the opposite for me now :lol:.

I hope we get a Whitlock vs DVDB final now with the latter picking up another TV major.

Cracking day / night of darts, and good to see a few more familiar posters back on here.

Fair play to Whitlock *15-13 down, at the point of no return, needed to break, hold, and break, and (helped a bit by MVG missing 8 match darts) he did just that - first time he was ahead in the match. 21 180s for the Wizard is some going. I swear he hasn't aged one bit since losing to Webster in that BDO final about 13/14 years ago.

Good to see MVG playing a bit better this week, still nowhere near where he was a few years ago, and doubt he'd miss 8 match darts in those days, but possibly the best I've seen him on TV this year. I really hope he wins the Worlds, he's never really been a favourite of mine, but when you look at his resume:

3 world titles, one more than Adrian Lewis, seems nowhere near enough for what he has done over the past 8 or 9 years. He used to be between evens - 11/8 for pretty much every event he played, and I used to often like him to lose in TV majors just to level up the playing field a bit, as he was that good, but it's kind of the opposite for me now :lol:.

I hope we get a Whitlock vs DVDB final now with the latter picking up another TV major.

Standard now is unreal. I watch almost every competition and it's so hard now to pick winners whether that's in a TV major, euro event of the pro tour events behind closed doors, we've seen players like Searle, Cullen, Ryan Joyce, Heta and De Sousa win PDC titles this year on the pro tour and finalists includes Radmars, Wattimena, Jeff Smith and Dolan, that in itself shows the quality. As mentioned the emergence of younger players like Hunt (last 16 of Grand Slam) and Rydz (he made a semi final in the winter series), show the talent is alive and kicking. Dirk van Dujvenbode made his first major TV final not too long ago as well. Gone are the days where players are scared of MvG for example. Obviously Dmitri won his first mens TV major as well with the matchplay, and the emergence of Devon Petersen who won his first PDC title last month on the Euro Tour, it just shows how good things are in darts at the moment.

I usually like a bet on the darts as does the wife, but at the moment it's just impossible due to such a high standard.

I'm looking at the odds for the Players Championship next week. Dmitri is 16/1, De Sousa is 18/1, Aspinall 18/1, Ratajski (superb player) is 18/1 and James Wade is ridiculously over priced at 28/1 as is Whitlock at 40/1. Some exceptional value in those. I'd normally lump on Duzza who is 33/1 & 40/1 in places but his covid recovery will take time and that has shown in the last week. Clayton at 66/1 he's a top 16 player, ridiculously long odds. Rob Cross is 50/1

What are people expecting from the PDCs announcement today regarding the World's?

but apparently the contract is to stage at Ally Pally no matter what? Not sure how true that is.

Personally I think it will be hosted elsewhere for bubble reasons, as the Ally Pally doesn't have a hotel on it, whereas MK and Ricoh Arena have hotel facilities on-site meaning it's easier to apply a bubble.

Just caught up on the darts, probably the final I was least hoping for, but credit to Wade. Often 4 legs adrift, and never ahead until the match dart went in, but a 16-15 win over DVDB.

Wade vs De Sousa (Levenstein) tomorrow evening.

Worlds at the Ally Pally, and they're hoping to have crowds. They start on Tues 15th Dec.
Just saw that it's a 6pm final tomorrow. Likely to avoid clashing with Man Utd / other Champions League matches (although clashes directly with Chelsea), but that seems pretty early for a final.

Last edited:
Just caught up on the darts, probably the final I was least hoping for, but credit to Wade. Often 4 legs adrift, and never ahead until the match dart went in, but a 16-15 win over DVDB.

Wade vs De Sousa (Levenstein) tomorrow evening.

Worlds at the Ally Pally, and they're hoping to have crowds. They start on Tues 15th Dec.
Just saw that it's a 6pm final tomorrow. Likely to avoid clashing with Man Utd / other Champions League matches (although clashes directly with Chelsea), but that seems pretty early for a final.
Fair play to Wade, local boy done good! ;) 👍 ...,it does seem an early start for the final, but I'll watch it on catch up & avoid the adverts/hype, & Bull$hit.

The Players Championships start tomorrow afternoon on ITV4 (last TV event before the Worlds). 6 TV sessions - afternoons and evenings, Friday - Sunday.

Afternoon Session, 12.45pm (TV matches):

Dirk van Duijvenbode v William O'Connor
Michael Smith v Boris Krcmar
Rob Cross v Jason Lowe
Joe Cullen v Adam Hunt
Devon Petersen v Luke Humphries
Ryan Searle v Dimitri Van den Bergh
Adrian Lewis v Simon Whitlock

Nice to have some live sport on whilst WFH.

Back