Darts 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a very strange performance as he won 2 out of 5 of the summer series events in the same arena a week earlier. Standard is very high now but that last night was just very strange.

Disappointed in Aspinall too. I have high hoped for him as a decent person too.

Disappointed in Aspinall too. I have high hoped for him as a decent person too.

Great lad and a great player but he was up against a player who loves the big stage yet is pretty average on the pro tour circuit. If Van Den Bergh improved his game off the big stage he will soon be in the top 16.

Aspinall has done very well for himself and will keep doing so. He's earned a fortune in the last 2 years
He's definitely not playing as well as he can, & also the other players don't seem to worry about playing him.

Standard is so high now, anyone can beat anyone. Look at Ryan Joyce last week, he won a summer series event and is ranked 42nd in the world, he beat some top class players to win that.

Impossible to call who will win this.

Last edited:
He does come across as a decent fella, just beaten by the better player on the night. Have been enjoying the Sky coverage of this tournament, didn't think darts would work with no one there.
It is good but much better with the crowd.

Proving his worth time and time again. He's provisionally 14th in live world rankings at the moment. Not a bad effort for someone who has £0.00 17 months ago on the pdc Order of Merit. 272k now and he's not defending any winnings yet.
He’s absolutely brutal checking out. Loves a high checkout as well he’s class.

I can't get away with Duzza, he's a good player no doubt but I find him a tough watch. Having said that, I think he'll win this tournament now. Would love to see Ando or Whitlock pick it up but in reality Ando is half cooked and Whitlock has always struggled to get over the line in the majors. Smith is the obvious threat to Duzza but Duzza is a better match player and I think he'd beat him.

That leaves the erratic Van Der Voort, inconsistent Van Den Bergh, Lewis who is still nowhere near his level from 5 years ago and Ratajski who looks a very solid player but not quite there yet.

I can't get away with Duzza, he's a good player no doubt but I find him a tough watch. Having said that, I think he'll win this tournament now. Would love to see Ando or Whitlock pick it up but in reality Ando is half cooked and Whitlock has always struggled to get over the line in the majors. Smith is the obvious threat to Duzza but Duzza is a better match player and I think he'd beat him.

That leaves the erratic Van Der Voort, inconsistent Van Den Bergh, Lewis who is still nowhere near his level from 5 years ago and Ratajski who looks a very solid player but not quite there yet.

Ratajski for me is ready, he's won a few pro tour events now and his rise up the rankings is rapid. Anderson is defending 110k so he'll be fancying his chances now though it has to be said he is relaxing more.
Smith must be fed up of being introduced as the Shanghai Open champion, he needs to start and deliver. Still some good players involved all of them are capable.

I'll be rooting on Duzza though

Ratajski for me is ready, he's won a few pro tour events now and his rise up the rankings is rapid. Anderson is defending 110k so he'll be fancying his chances now though it has to be said he is relaxing more.
Smith must be fed up of being introduced as the Shanghai Open champion, he needs to start and deliver. Still some good players involved all of them are capable.

Ratajski has shot up the rankings mind, was surprised to see him at 13 which shows his level of consistency of late. He'll certainly give Smith a tough match and he can lose his head easily if things aren't going his way. For me, Duzza looks the most consistent and likely at the moment.

Duzza still 12/1 to win prem and he's top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back