Dark Mornings are back

• Thread starter Deleted member 41941
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waking up before your alarm thinking you've still got a few hours to sleep.
Then for your alarm to go off. :evil:

Absolutely freezing this morning but I still love it. It's class sitting with the fire on when it's dark outside having a coffee.

Reactions: ATS
Absolutely love the dark nights me, closing the blinds, putting the little light on (or the Christmas Tree lights in December) and getting snuggled under a duvet on the settee.
Not so keen on the dark mornings mind when I have to drag myself out of bed to get the kids off to school.

I'm already getting up in the dark, driving to work in the dark so it won't be long off that I leave the house and come back to it in the dark.

I like dark winter/autumn evenings, but dark mornings can fuck right off

Dark nights now too, dark at 4ish.

Enjoy the build up to Christmas then from there the days start to get longer again :cool:

31 more days of losing daylight.
22nd of January approximately until we get back to where we are now.
So in 9 weeks, we'll be where we are now in terms of sunrise/sunset.
In 12 weeks, we'll be where we were 2 weeks ago. Something to look forward to.

Last edited:
I overslept by an hour this morning, or “slept the caller” as my mother used to say when trying to get me up for school.
Anyone else still familiar with that expression ?

Latest Sunrise is normally 30 or 31 Dec, so quite a few dark mornings yet.

On the positive side, the earliest sunset is usually around the 12 Dec, so not so long before the evening light starts to lengthen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I overslept by an hour this morning, or “slept the caller” as my mother used to say when trying to get me up for school.
Anyone else still familiar with that expression ?

Latest Sunrise is normally 30 or 31 Dec, so quite a few dark mornings yet.

On the positive side, the earliest sunset is usually around the 12 Dec, so not so long before the evening light starts to lengthen.

I just thought the winter solstice was the latest sunrise and earliest sunset, therefore the least hours of daylight

don't bother me , take torch when running so i can see broken branch's etc, then 2nd half of run is in daylight , like 2 runs.

bloke with black beanie hat and torch running :eek::eek::eek::lol: police won't catch me.

I just thought the winter solstice was the latest sunrise and earliest sunset, therefore the least hours of daylight

It’s a balance between the two.
Depends if you’re a morning or an evening person how the actual timings effect you.

Won't be long then though until it's 21st of June again & the nights will be getting darker then again. Be Christmas 2019 then before we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back