Danny Röhl

Read whole interview I wouldn’t be so sure he’s staying there if I was them
He basically said I’ve said what summer plans should be, over to them, the owner there is as volatile as it comes
He’s put himself in the shop window with them, he’s in good position regardless of their season outcome
If he’s who we want we need to be ruthless and make him good offer out the ball in their owners court
If they go down he’d be gone anyway

"I know what WE have to do in the summer...not "You" ....he means Wednesday....I wasn't going to post this bit cos it was a bit confidential
I spoke to him once outside the ground and asked him what he thought about English football..his reply and I paraphrase was ..
"I love the big old traditional north east clubs like Newcastle, Middlesborough , Hartlepool and Gateshead....

"I know what WE have to do in the summer...not "You" ....he means Wednesday....I wasn't going to post this bit cos it was a bit confidential
I spoke to him once outside the ground and asked him what he thought about English football..his reply and I paraphrase was ..
"I love the big old traditional north east clubs like Newcastle, Middlesborough , Hartlepool and Gateshead....
“…..but I absolutely adore the mighty mackems. I’d crawl naked as the day I was born on broken glass up the M1-M18-A1 with people hoying bags of salt on me just for one single view of the Stadium Of Delight” See you missed a bit out didn’t you?

He seems like a canny bloke and done well at Wednesday, saw an interview with him in Kicker recently, read into it what you will

‘So sehr ich den Mittwoch auch liebe, ich erinnere mich an das großartige Tor von Patrick Roberts im League-One-Play-off-Seni-Finale ... es hat mein Herz gestohlen und seit diesem Tag bin ich in meinem Herzen ein MLF’

“…..but I absolutely adore the mighty mackems. I’d crawl naked as the day I was born on broken glass up the M1-M18-A1 with people hoying bags of salt on me just for one single view of the Stadium Of Delight” See you missed a bit out didn’t you?
Ahh hedid say that, but I thought he meant Blyth Spartans....

Read whole interview I wouldn’t be so sure he’s staying there if I was them
He basically said I’ve said what summer plans should be, over to them, the owner there is as volatile as it comes
He’s put himself in the shop window with them, he’s in good position regardless of their season outcome
If he’s who we want we need to be ruthless and make him good offer out the ball in their owners court
If they go down he’d be gone anyway
He'd crawl over broken glass for a chance to manage here tbf. If he keeps them up he'll have performed a near miracle but would need to do it again next season with the state they're in.

Whether we would consider paying compensation is another matter.

Its a strange one like but hes done unbelievable just to have them in with a shout of staying up

They were cut adrift a bit when he took over
Aye I agree. However you can imagine the comments if we did get him after taking them down and he started to struggle here. Lack of ambition getting a relatively unproven manager who couldn’t keep a side in the division etc etc etc

Back