Danny Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we were able to move on Wyke & Grigg and Graham was coming in with a couple of pacy & athletic strikers then wouldn’t be a bad move

If he’s coming in to “compliment” Wyke then a big no from me.

We need to get a balance in our squad. Something that’s been lacking for years

He's better than what we have, but lumps like Wyke, Graham and Gestede are going to be no good up front in their own when they don't create anything themselves.

We're absolutely crying out for creativity. I'd be looking for someone like Matty Taylor, who actually looks a half decent footballer who can pass a football.

Didn't work out for him when we were two divisions above where we are now, The Premier League. Despite this, he clearly put everything he had into the games and became one of the fans' favourites because of it, even though he only scored 1 in 37. Was clearly relieved as fuck and over the moon when he scored his (incredible, goal of the season contender imo) goal vs Everton. Has a good goalscoring record in both League One and The Championship consistently throughout his career, including the last few seasons.

Blackburn fans probably could have argued that he went to them for one last payday in League One. Clearly not the case.

His attitude is right, he has unfinished business, and he has good enough ability.

BHH.

I'd have him. Got a good record in the league above, we know he always puts a shift in, and I'm not bothered about his age because I reckon it's physically impossible for him to be getting any f***ing slower. It wouldn't be pretty but I think he'd be very effective in a Parkinson side. With salary caps etc we need to get out of this league and I'm not arsed how we do it tbh, Graham would help us this season so I'd take him

Will be the lowest age out of the out of contract players we will be going for.

As it happens, I think DG would be a good signing if surrounded by young and quick legs. That won’t happen though so it is pointless.
Martin O'Neil played him the same way Parky probably will, and he was totally ineffective at it to a point I felt sorry for him. Getting him chasing down balls over the shoulder and into the corners will be a waste of time at any level.

The mouth watering prospect of Graham and Grigg playing up front for us - Hardly the G Force!

Hopefully it's made up bullshit.
Lots of people out there, signing people at the end of there career is exactly how NOT to progress.
We are desperate for pace, up front and in midfield, this would be a disaster, especially as he'd be played up front on his own, with zero support.
We should be banned from signing ex Sunderland players.

Martin O'Neil played him the same way Parky probably will, and he was totally ineffective at it to a point I felt sorry for him. Getting him chasing down balls over the shoulder and into the corners will be a waste of time at any level.
As much as I like MoN he was the wrong signing altogether and then used completely incorrectly.

I really wanted it to work out for Graham. I’m pretty sure he would want to put his time at the club behind him as most fans would too. It’s a no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back