Dan Neil injured

You say he is a top player, I haven’t checked his stats but i think stats would show he doesn’t score many goals, he doesn’t win many tackles so basically he isn’t a defensive midfielder and he isn’t an attacking one either. Think of how many games we have been on sky the last 3 seasons. How many times has he been awarded sky man of the match?? Is he a good set piece taker? Nope. His strengths are basically if we are comfortable in a game and dominating possession he is capable of picking out a decent pass. If we are struggling in game you’ll not notice him. Feel free to post stats to prove me wrong. He’s not a bad player but certainly nowhere near as good as what some on here like to make out unfortunately. Possibly with the right coaching he might improve.
Spot on 👍

You say he is a top player, I haven’t checked his stats but i think stats would show he doesn’t score many goals, he doesn’t win many tackles so basically he isn’t a defensive midfielder and he isn’t an attacking one either. Think of how many games we have been on sky the last 3 seasons. How many times has he been awarded sky man of the match?? Is he a good set piece taker? Nope. His strengths are basically if we are comfortable in a game and dominating possession he is capable of picking out a decent pass. If we are struggling in game you’ll not notice him. Feel free to post stats to prove me wrong. He’s not a bad player but certainly nowhere near as good as what some on here like to make out unfortunately. Possibly with the right coaching he might improve.
I won’t try and explain what he does, but just watch where his career goes over the next few years and see if you were correct.

Imo he is the one that has the highest chance of being PL regular out of our current crop. (With the possible exception of Rigg)

I can guarantee you didn't rate Henderson when he was here either. Can see it a mile off.

I won’t try and explain what he does, but just watch where his career goes over the next few years and see if you were correct.

Imo he is the one that has the highest chance of being PL regular out of our current crop. (With the possible exception of Rigg)
I don't think we've seen anything like the best of him this season either. He's an an attacking central midfield player, playing quite deep and with zero centre forward/s as options. Stands to reason his attacking stats aren't as good as they could be. A balanced starting 11 with an experienced anchor and he likely looks a different proposition. Roll on next season and pray we get a good coach and some more first team quality.

Again, is he actually injured though?

I hope you’re right and i hope you goes on to have a brilliant career at Sunderland. I’ll hold my hands up, i didn’t think Henderson would go on to do what he did so who knows

Back