Dan Neil injured

Someone’s been messing with dark magic 🪄 I am convinced, at the AOL to be honest because since Allardyce left our medical 🏥 team just have to look at a player and he’s injured. We miss the ice 🧊 chamber.
Can't we hire Sam for a few months to train our lot in fitness coaching? He kept Kirchoff going, ffs...

Why do people keep saying every fcker is gonna leave? 🤣
The bandwidth wasted on Clarkey “we’ll never see him in the short again” - two weeks later there he is.
Next season will probably be a brilliant one for SAFC. Nobody will want to leave
Ha ha, nice optimism.

Let's hope we get a decent manager and show some ambition and stop doing things on the cheap.

Hopefully lads would then be persuaded to stay.

Can't see it however. Think we'll get a young coach that we haven't heard of and buy a few French kids who play attacking midfield.

I love Dan Neil, one of our best and most reliable players. However I wouldn't say he's playing in the wrong league. Still learning and developing as a player : he should stay with us for now.
I might agree with this if he had someone to learn from here but it's him leading a team if kids. For his career he'd be much better off in a team where he could learn from other pros imo. I think he'd look even better in a better team.
And let's not forget the wages we pay are nowhere near what he could be getting.

I might agree with this if he had someone to learn from here but it's him leading a team if kids. For his career he'd be much better off in a team where he could learn from other pros imo. I think he'd look even better in a better team.
And let's not forget the wages we pay are nowhere near what he could be getti
I've been saying it since Evans was fucked. We've not seen the best of not just Dan but other youngsters because we've not got experience in there next to them so they've had to be learning on the job while leading were actively making it harder for them. Even Ballard while he has onien next to him he's basically learning CB role so not really an experienced pro in the role by his side.

I hope we haven’t seen the last of Dan Neil in a Sunderland shirt as he is one of those players I believe this season has actually improved and looks ready to kick on again. That I sincerely hope is with us and not elsewhere. It does now open up a slot in there now and some have said put the lad lad Styles in. Give him a go I say alongside you Rigg for the last 3 games and give them a go at showing what they are all about. Styles by all accounts can play CDM so it’s a no brainer for me and Rigg looks more of a number 8 to me so get him in there and let him have his proper go in his preferred position. We really have nothing to lose here.

There's only 2 weeks left of the season, doesn't have to be a bad injury to end it now.
I remember loads saying Henderson wasn't good enough for Liverpool - that aged well. These kids we have have might not be there yet, but training with better coaches and players might be all it needs for them to kick on and move up a level. Obviously I'd love it to happen with us but some might not be able to wait for us to get there for the sake of their own careers.

We are a very average championship side incase you hadn’t noticed

Very surprised if a team closer to the bottom of the league than the top has 4 prem class players like.

We're average but the likes of Neil, Clarke,Ballard and Hume are very much above average. By quite a distance too.

I'm not even sure if Clarke leaves this summer mesel..I'm probably daft for thinking it but I just have a gut feeling he stays. But while we've had an average season, we're a few good signings away from being a team in the top 6.

Sigh players like Styles and Hjelde again though, and it's going to be another average season.
This
..................Patterson................
Hume...Ballard...O'Nien...Alese
.............Rigg........Ekwah..........
Roberts.....Aouchiche....Clarke
.......................Jobe................

Subs: Bishop Pembele Hyelde Styles
Evans Ba Dack Hemir Mundle

Think Rigg and Ekwah together is a disaster waiting to happen. Keep Rigg where he is for the rest of the season or as a 10 and bring Styles into midfield.

Last edited:
Gutted for him, but hopefully its not too bad and he will back for a solid pre-season. I think unless a huge bid comes in he stays and signs a year extension this summer, sold next summer for decent money if we don't get up.

Glad we have nowt to play for as will be a big miss.

Last edited:
Good championship player. Very comfortable on the ball, nice first touch. Not good enough overall for the premier league though IMO and I think he's overrated by some. But be has time on his side to kick on. Yes he'll have admirers but I bet nobody takes him this summer.

He is a little inconsistent, but is a top player.

Ironically an injury gives us a better chance of holding on to him this summer.

Back