Dan Ballard

Long term contract hasn't he? Getting a big fee for Clarke should give us a stronger position to keep ahold of Neil and Ballard unless we get silly offers for them.

Good player but I used to say he was like a bull in a china shop. Could be prem if he reads game better therefore doesn't have to make as many crunch tackles.

Do you know what, I think possibly a while.

I like him, I just don’t know that he stands out in a way that’s going to make a substantially bigger club in for him.

Maybe my perception is off there.
I always thought not standing out was a decent trait in a centre half. If there's too much going on you're in too much trouble.

I think Ballard gets sucked into problems a little too often. Needs a bit of coaching and/or a cooler head around him to keep right.

Good player, but I don't think there'll be a clamour of Premier League interest for him.

I think he's one of a number of players who'd be more suited to making the step up to Premier League football with us, than with a transfer to another club.

Long term contract hasn't he? Getting a big fee for Clarke should give us a stronger position to keep ahold of Neil and Ballard unless we get silly offers for them.
Can't see us getting a big fee for Clarke, all the clubs who will be interested will be watching the pennies in the summer.

I always thought not standing out was a decent trait in a centre half. If there's too much going on you're in too much trouble.

I think Ballard gets sucked into problems a little too often. Needs a bit of coaching and/or a cooler head around him to keep right.

Good player, but I don't think there'll be a clamour of Premier League interest for him.

I think he's one of a number of players who'd be more suited to making the step up to Premier League football with us, than with a transfer to another club.
agree completely

Our most consistent player throughout a difficult season

Strong, quick and decent with the ball, reads the game well and always gives 100%

How long can we keep him?
Agreed with all of that until the Mags game,since then he has rocked a bit to the point that I dont think we need worry about him leaving.

I think for a Championship centre half to get PL interest he needs to be really standout. Ballard is pivotal for us but I don't think we'll get an acceptable offer for him in the summer.

Can't see us getting a big fee for Clarke, all the clubs who will be interested will be watching the pennies in the summer.
This is the thing like. Ya've gotta assume we'd want upwards of £20m for him. And someone's gotta want him enough to pay it. And it has to be somewhere he'd wanna go. It narrows the field of potential suitors a fair bit really. And with two years left on his contract we don't have to sell. Can you really see him going to Lazio? Burnley's a write off now. West Ham's been mentioned, but they've already got Lucas Paqueta playing there.
I'd much rather sell those two and keep Clarke.

Bollox to that - we should have some ambition and keep all three of them + Pattison.
That’s the thing, a little bit of ambition where kld says fuck it, everyone good stays, dump the shit we have and let’s have a little bit of a go at the league, pick up a half decent cf and a decent dcm, loan another half decent striker.
And if we don’t quite make it, Clarke will still eat a decent price next summer to balance the books

Bollox to that - we should have some ambition and keep all three of them + Pattison.
The trouble is, we can't really have it both ways. We need a sale to make some moves.

To stick with the existing squad is reliant upon one of the existing three strikers coming good, getting Alese and Cirkin back fit, Evans proving he still has something to offer, and a decent loan signing or two.

The existing squad is a lot better than our recent results would suggest. We just need to regroup, get everybody back fit, and get a coach in who knows what the frig he's doing. I'd actually be quite happy with that approach.

I keep saying it, but the coach will be the biggest signing of the summer.

I thinks he's class but not sure he's quick mind🤣
He's powerful which makes up for his lack of speed. I do think he loves playing here and is developing well, so I doubt he'll be looking to leave anytime soon. I guess he's similar to Dan Neill in that respect, he wants to play in the Premiership and with SAFC.

Back