Damaged Bicep Tendon

I was going to post this in the diet and fitness section but it wasn't caused by any weightlifting or anything at all what I can pinpoint. Inside of my right arm has been hurting for around 2 years now. I always put it down to Tennis elbow which is obviously wasn't.

I have gone through the medical system and got a MRI scan which i was told in a phone call from the Physio that i have a badly damaged Bicep Tendon. I can actually put my finger on it and it feels thin and knobbly as hell compared to a normal one on my left arm. Has anyone ever dealt with this as they said they can't do surgery unless the Tendon snaps! I googled how long it should take for a Tendon to heal and it say's 4 months but 2 years and it's worse than ever . I don't do heavy weights at the Gym and job isn't that physical but i'd be screwed in any other new job.

Surely they have to offer some kind of surgery , even if it is at the back of the queue behind the rest of the backlog. Just wondering if anyone has had similar, as have tried all the usual stuff and bloody getting me down now
Two years is way too long. Hope you get it seen to soon. I've recently damaged my shoulder, Rotator cuff, so i'm told, but waited 4 weeks before starting the process of getting treatment. But thats because i'm an idiot. I know that because my wife told me.

Good luck with your treatment.

I was going to post this in the diet and fitness section but it wasn't caused by any weightlifting or anything at all what I can pinpoint. Inside of my right arm has been hurting for around 2 years now. I always put it down to Tennis elbow which is obviously wasn't.

I have gone through the medical system and got a MRI scan which i was told in a phone call from the Physio that i have a badly damaged Bicep Tendon. I can actually put my finger on it and it feels thin and knobbly as hell compared to a normal one on my left arm. Has anyone ever dealt with this as they said they can't do surgery unless the Tendon snaps! I googled how long it should take for a Tendon to heal and it say's 4 months but 2 years and it's worse than ever . I don't do heavy weights at the Gym and job isn't that physical but i'd be screwed in any other new job.

Surely they have to offer some kind of surgery , even if it is at the back of the queue behind the rest of the backlog. Just wondering if anyone has had similar, as have tried all the usual stuff and bloody getting me down now
I've had minor shoulder tenden issues for 5 years and basically ignored it and hoped it went away. Got worse recently so I finally went to get it sorted and now 6 weeks into physio I can already feel it improving.

Snapped my tricep tendon in lockdown. Not doing anything manly like...throwing a frisbee for the dog out on a walk :lol: Heard a proper snap and a pop and was in agony, felt sick.

Never got it seen too like as it was peak lockdown, its still weak now but probably just scarred over.

1st sensible answer out of all them replies 😂 10 weeks off is a shitter mind as I don't get paid sick
😂😂 I ruined a good piss taking thread
Yeah it did take that long, my work did not cover sick pay either so I went on what they call EI over here. Kind of like disability benefits (?)
Even after those 10 weeks I had to do light work cos they wouldn't have me lifting heavy stuff for probably another 8 weeks

2 years on now, how did you get on with having this treated.
I've been having niggling pain and discomfort at the top end of mine nearer the shoulder for about 10 months now. I was hanging a door on Friday and when I went to pick it up something went, the pain was horrific. Just noticed tonight there's slight bruising coming through some summit is defo damaged.

2 years on now, how did you get on with having this treated.
I've been having niggling pain and discomfort at the top end of mine nearer the shoulder for about 10 months now. I was hanging a door on Friday and when I went to pick it up something went, the pain was horrific. Just noticed tonight there's slight bruising coming through some summit is defo damaged.
Nowt ever got done. Thankfully no pain at all now but I'm very wary of lifting owt too heavy, but I'm not sure if it's self healed or just me avoiding situations.

I think it must have healed itself somehow as I do still left heavy things with no pain but it's always still in the back of my mind tbh

Nowt ever got done. Thankfully no pain at all now but I'm very wary of lifting owt too heavy, but I'm not sure if it's self healed or just me avoiding situations.

I think it must have healed itself somehow as I do still left heavy things with no pain but it's always still in the back of my mind tbh
Are you right handed as well mate ? Do you do a physical job now ? I know you say you still lift heavy things but from what I've read up on the subject if its just been left it will never be as strong as it would have been.
I'm a joiner and some of the stuff I lift is a decent weight, sheets of plywood etc, the door I lifted on Friday was 30kg, I'm just worried if I leave it the arm will never be the same, I'm not looking to retire yet 🤣🤣

Are you right handed as well mate ? Do you do a physical job now ? I know you say you still lift heavy things but from what I've read up on the subject if its just been left it will never be as strong as it would have been.
I'm a joiner and some of the stuff I lift is a decent weight, sheets of plywood etc, the door I lifted on Friday was 30kg, I'm just worried if I leave it the arm will never be the same, I'm not looking to retire yet 🤣🤣
Aye right handed. Pretty heavy stuff around that weight at the moment as we're moving premises. Normally not so physical, but not even felt a twinge at all for God knows when but it always is at the back of my mind when lifting anything.

Aye right handed. Pretty heavy stuff around that weight at the moment as we're moving premises. Normally not so physical, but not even felt a twinge at all for God knows when but it always is at the back of my mind when lifting anything.
Well something gone bad with mine yesterday mate. Bruising was only slight and I had reasonable movement at the elbow all week. Yesterday afternoon started to feel uncomfortable then a definite swelling. I'm currently on a ward in the QE with an elevated sling on me arm. Me whole arm from just below the elbow up to me armpit is dark purple. Circumference of me bicep is 10cm larger than me good arm. Looks like I've got hematoma and I'm waiting for an ultrasound. I swear if any more blood leaks inside this arm the skins gonna burst.

Well something gone bad with mine yesterday mate. Bruising was only slight and I had reasonable movement at the elbow all week. Yesterday afternoon started to feel uncomfortable then a definite swelling. I'm currently on a ward in the QE with an elevated sling on me arm. Me whole arm from just below the elbow up to me armpit is dark purple. Circumference of me bicep is 10cm larger than me good arm. Looks like I've got hematoma and I'm waiting for an ultrasound. I swear if any more blood leaks inside this arm the skins gonna burst.
Shite. Sorry to hear that fella. Touch wood you get sorted quickly

Back