Damaged Bicep Tendon

I was going to post this in the diet and fitness section but it wasn't caused by any weightlifting or anything at all what I can pinpoint. Inside of my right arm has been hurting for around 2 years now. I always put it down to Tennis elbow which is obviously wasn't.

I have gone through the medical system and got a MRI scan which i was told in a phone call from the Physio that i have a badly damaged Bicep Tendon. I can actually put my finger on it and it feels thin and knobbly as hell compared to a normal one on my left arm. Has anyone ever dealt with this as they said they can't do surgery unless the Tendon snaps! I googled how long it should take for a Tendon to heal and it say's 4 months but 2 years and it's worse than ever . I don't do heavy weights at the Gym and job isn't that physical but i'd be screwed in any other new job.

Surely they have to offer some kind of surgery , even if it is at the back of the queue behind the rest of the backlog. Just wondering if anyone has had similar, as have tried all the usual stuff and bloody getting me down now

I remember at one point I couldn't put my arm too far up me back, certainly couldn't touch my neck. Then around about two year later everything was back to normal. Of course this is old skool remedy.

I was going to post this in the diet and fitness section but it wasn't caused by any weightlifting or anything at all what I can pinpoint. Inside of my right arm has been hurting for around 2 years now. I always put it down to Tennis elbow which is obviously wasn't.

I have gone through the medical system and got a MRI scan which i was told in a phone call from the Physio that i have a badly damaged Bicep Tendon. I can actually put my finger on it and it feels thin and knobbly as hell compared to a normal one on my left arm. Has anyone ever dealt with this as they said they can't do surgery unless the Tendon snaps! I googled how long it should take for a Tendon to heal and it say's 4 months but 2 years and it's worse than ever . I don't do heavy weights at the Gym and job isn't that physical but i'd be screwed in any other new job.

Surely they have to offer some kind of surgery , even if it is at the back of the queue behind the rest of the backlog. Just wondering if anyone has had similar, as have tried all the usual stuff and bloody getting me down now
Sounds like a badly damaged bicep tendon, if you can’t put your finger on it you might have a bad finger as well. I prescribe you rest, I’m not a doctor so take this advice with a pinch of salt.

I bust my bicep tendon back in 2016 lifting a motorbike.
Had a scan and everything to confirm it was about 3/4 torn. Must have been similar to how yours is now. They got me lined up for surgery here and I had the operation to repair it.Something like 3 weeks wait for surgery. Had to take about 10 weeks off work I think it was. Took a hell of a long time and physio before I could use the arm. Left me a nice scar as well
To be honest, it still hurts inside my elbow and I've got some numbness sometimes on the top of my hand and thumb. (To be fair, I was warned that nerve damage could happen)
I'm in Canada so maybe the health service treats it differently over here?
I don't know how you could deal with it without surgery mind. I tried having my arm in a sling and some kind of elbow support thing but it's not the kind of thing that will just heal as far as I know

Edit: sorry I've spoiled the track of far better replies above mine :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I bust my bicep tendon back in 2016 lifting a motorbike.
Had a scan and everything to confirm it was about 3/4 torn. Must have been similar to how yours is now. They got me lined up for surgery here and I had the operation to repair it.Something like 3 weeks wait for surgery. Had to take about 10 weeks off work I think it was. Took a hell of a long time and physio before I could use the arm. Left me a nice scar as well
To be honest, it still hurts inside my elbow and I've got some numbness sometimes on the top of my hand and thumb. (To be fair, I was warned that nerve damage could happen)
I'm in Canada so maybe the health service treats it differently over here?
I don't know how you could deal with it without surgery mind. I tried having my arm in a sling and some kind of elbow support thing but it's not the kind of thing that will just heal as far as I know

Edit: sorry I've spoiled the track of far better replies above mine :lol::lol:
1st sensible answer out of all them replies 😂 10 weeks off is a shitter mind as I don't get paid sick

Back