daily Mail says Get out of Sharm el sheikh immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Israel hates Eygpt, I wouldn't believe anything those warmongers say, they just want WW3 so they can nuke every Muslim country
They hate Egypt because Egypt tried, and want to wipe them off the face of the earth.
Israeli government overreaches, and certainly isn't blameless, but they have spent decades surrounded by countries that want to destroy them, they're definitely clued up when it comes to defence and security.

(It's certainly a good job the Muslim countries you refer to don't have nuclear capabilities!)

Sharm is shite so I would not waste my time and put myself at risk to save a few quid, I've been to Egypt and to see the pyrimads etc and walked the street in a fair few of there cities and really enjoyed it, then went to sharm and thought it was shite, no culture our out, just go somewhere safer if all you want is sun and cheap drink

My youngest really wants to go to the pyramids and museums. I'm hoping it will settle down and she gets to go one day.
I've done it and glad I did. I flew to Cairo from Paphos Cyprus on an organised tour. Flight took one hour. There was armed security on the coach that took us around. We visited the Pyramids, Sphynx, Egyptian museum( saw the mummies and Tutankhamuns mask and wot not) visited a papyrus shop, lunch in a flash hotel, had a cruise on Nile etc.
It was a real eye opener. The city is manic, massive and full of poverty.
Back in Paphos at 1 am. Well worth the £400 it cost for two.

I do, and I have taken recent holidays in Jordan, Oman, Egypt and Dubai. Planning a trip to the Beirut shortly.
Good for you mate, however like I've said it's about choice and my choice is I wouldn't take my family to those places...

Good for you mate, however like I've said it's about choice and my choice is I wouldn't take my family to those places...

It's all about keeping things in perspective. I'd say there is greater risk transiting Heathrow. Most of my family have visited us here in Qatar, I know none were sure what to expect. All left with a different view of the Middle East.

My youngest really wants to go to the pyramids and museums. I'm hoping it will settle down and she gets to go one day.

It's edgy there at the moment but in many ways it makes it a tempting time to visit. Me and the wife spent four days in Cairo last year, the tourist hotspots were almost deserted. So much so that we were the only visitors at the stepped pyramid. No queues to climb up to the sarcophagus in the great pyramid either, just waltz straight in, it was amazing.

On the downside two security guards were gunned down whilst we were in the Pyramid complex and hotel security was intense which tells a story. The army are parked in a street beside the Egyptian Museum too as they expect it to kick off again. Add to this that Cairo and especially Giza have reached new depths in filth due to the breakdown of some basic services.

I would go back tomorrow without hesitation but probably not with a bairn.

It's edgy there at the moment but in many ways it makes it a tempting time to visit. Me and the wife spent four days in Cairo last year, the tourist hotspots were almost deserted. So much so that we were the only visitors at the stepped pyramid. No queues to climb up to the sarcophagus in the great pyramid either, just waltz straight in, it was amazing.

On the downside two security guards were gunned down whilst we were in the Pyramid complex and hotel security was intense which tells a story. The army are parked in a street beside the Egyptian Museum too as they expect it to kick off again. Add to this that Cairo and especially Giza have reached new depths in filth due to the breakdown of some basic services.

Sounds like a lovely relaxing break :eek::lol:

Nails you like

Sounds like a lovely relaxing break :eek::lol:

:lol:It was, we had a great time, the people were fantastic with us. Probably more so because tourism is suffering so much. The hotel staff even tried to erect a big canvas TV screen for me to watch the match on the roof terrace one night. The projector went tits up and the canvas screen fell in the pool so it did not happen, but ultimately it's the thought that counts.

got absolutely no sympathy for the "it'll never happen to me" brigade if they wish to save a few quid and go holidaying in an ISIS target.

Comparing London to these places is just as daft. Our security forces are amongst the best. If an attack slips through the net then it's extremely unlucky. You can never be sure that a net even exists in places like Turkey and Egypt.

If you wish to go holidaying and providing a target for ISIS then crack on but I'd rather not.

:lol:It was, we had a great time, the people were fantastic with us. Probably more so because tourism is suffering so much. The hotel staff even tried to erect a big canvas TV screen for me to watch the match on the roof terrace one night. The projector went tits up and the canvas screen fell in the pool so it did not happen, but ultimately it's the thought that counts.
:lol:
We went to Dalaman area in Turkey last year, and it was bloody cracking! but i have to say i've never fancied Egypt , even before all the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back