Dads albums you didnt like as a kid but do now

Simply Red?? 'Kin'ell :lol:
My parents astonishingly got rid of all their Stones/Who/Kinks/Beatles albums when they had kids. Therefore their record collection consisted of easy listening - James Last, Montavani, James Galway, musical soundtracks. Which were never played anyway - a strangely silent house except for the Archers. No wonder the Stranglers blew me away.......

From my dads albums, there is only Bruce Springsteen that i would class as something i like, maybes a few Journey records. The likes of Bon Jovi, Def Leopard etc don't really float my boat.

My dad hates music. Everything I ever played growing up I would hear him mumble "what's this shite?" But never suggest anything else. Haha
My mam on the other hand had a big influence on my music god love her x

Nat King Cole, in the late 70s, he used to talk about how smooth his voice was and I said it was crap. Played Nats song "unforgettable" at his funeral 15 years ago and I get it now, not necessarily my type of music but I can listen to it.

Oh dear,couldn't afford record players.
When I eventually bought one my old man thought Tommy by the Who was great

He would sing along to Sing Something Simple on the old valve radio on Sunday nights,and occasionally two way family favourites Sunday dinnertime.

Back