Dads albums you didnt like as a kid but do now

The best of my father's LPs was his one of the sound of steam engines setting off from various stations. It used to really f my mates up.

My dad, quite suddenly, in his fifties, decided John Denver was the best thing since sliced bread.
That's despite him being a Frank and Tony fan

My dad was/is into classical stuff mostly plus Mario Lanza and Al Jolson. Mam was a fan of Neil Diamond, Don McLean (the little hunchback as my dad calls him), Queen, Springsteen etc.

My dad would be 99 now if he was still alive and he was a Slim Whitman fan. Afraid there’s not much chance of carrying on the family tradition.

I can only remember my Dad having South Pacific and The Sound of Music - didn't mind them then and can still appreciate them now although they are not my kind of music. I do love musicals though especially Miss Saigon.
Always had the choons on. Dad usually played The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Van Morrison. Mam had the motown on the go.
Great genes - how on earth did you turn into a Gallagher groupie?

Last edited:
I can only remember my Dad having South Pacific and The Sound of Music - didn't mind them then and can still appreciate them now although they are not my kind of music. I do love musicals though especially Miss Saigon.

Great genes - how on earth did you turn into a Gallagher groupie?

You should be asking yourself how you're still whooshed and wummed by it.

Simply Red?? 'Kin'ell :lol:
My parents astonishingly got rid of all their Stones/Who/Kinks/Beatles albums when they had kids. Therefore their record collection consisted of easy listening - James Last, Montavani, James Galway, musical soundtracks. Which were never played anyway - a strangely silent house except for the Archers. No wonder the Stranglers blew me away.......
Did we have the same parents 😀😀

Back