Cynthia Erivo comments on Sunderland

I wish people integrated more, but they just don’t in general. The fault lies on both sides, mostly it isn’t even a fault, just different ways of life.

My eyes opened a little bit when my kids went to uni, their courses are majority Asian, which I think is great for their life skills, growing up around 99.9% white people.

They mix at uni but not outside. Just totally different lifestyles. They go to the pub go clubbing, as a rule the Asian community don’t.

But that's exactly what most people are saying on this thread, telling her to fuck off

It's not acceptable in anyone's eyes to demand displacement of people based on ethnicity or any other factor. I'm not sure where you have seen or heard such demands
if a place is too white is by definition is demanding change, that change being more people who are not white. I've seen it in my own work place.

I wish people integrated more, but they just don’t in general. The fault lies on both sides, mostly it isn’t even a fault, just different ways of life.

My eyes opened a little bit when my kids went to uni, their courses are majority Asian, which I think is great for their life skills, growing up around 99.9% white people.

They mix at uni but not outside. Just totally different lifestyles. They go to the pub go clubbing, as a rule the Asian community don’t.
Well I’ve been reliably informed when I regularly worked in London that I signally failed to integrate. The couple of people I worked with most regularly, who told me this, were alarmed that I would do things like acknowledge people in public transport or passing in the street by smiling or saying hello to people on the tube. I once went rogue whilst walking between Kings Cross and Euston stations by abhorrently and offensively helping a young mother with a toddler by carrying her bags for her. My London based colleagues were appalled.

(They were kidding but it was a running joke and I did it twice as much when I was with them just to wind them up)

It was this act of cultural differentiation that they noticed more, they said, than the incidental aspect that they were both black and I’m white.

The woman implying that sunderland is too white is being shot down in flames by pretty much everyone
I'd imagine the vast majority of the people who replied were from Sunderland or the surrounding area. its evidenced that the boot lickers were quic to ensure it was about race.

Well I’ve been reliably informed when I regularly worked in London that I signally failed to integrate. The couple of people I worked with most regularly, who told me this, were alarmed that I would do things like acknowledge people in public transport or passing in the street by smiling or saying hello to people on the tube. I once went rogue whilst walking between Kings Cross and Euston stations by abhorrently and offensively helping a young mother with a toddler by carrying her bags for her. My London based colleagues were appalled.

(They were kidding but it was a running joke and I did it twice as much when I was with them just to wind them up)

It was this act of cultural differentiation that they noticed more, they said, than the incidental aspect that they were both black and I’m white.
Maybe that was Cynthia’s problem we are just too friendly and helpful up here.

I was always brought up to disregard colour, Today it feels like we are supposed to highlight it, make a point of even.

A person is a person in my eyes end of. we all have our differences culturally. When I stayed to Brixton and Wembley, I would observe the differences we have to the people who live there, but they are just people.

If that approach now makes me a racist, so be it.

I was always brought up to disregard colour, Today it feels like we are supposed to highlight it, make a point of even.

A person is a person in my eyes end of. we all have our differences culturally. When I stayed to Brixton and Wembley, I would observe the differences we have to the people who live there, but they are just people.

If that approach now makes me a racist, so be it.
Not good enough now mate. The idiots who worship at the race-baiting regressive altar of CRT will tell you, if you don't see colour you're racist and part of the problem.

Back