Cynthia Erivo comments on Sunderland

That’s sort of my point, places evolve. It’s not our fault people decide not too settle here. Maybe the shipbuilders and coal faces were not to their liking?
Isnt it that coal mining and shipbuilding were essential to the war effort so a lot of miners and shipyard workers stayed in Sunderland during the war thus we didnt have the shortage of workers that other cities had post war that required immigrants to fill the position. That might be complete bollocks and it might just have been too cauld

I can honestly say I've never heard of that person. Which posters on here worship him/them/it ?

Any other examples of people saying that your racists for saying you don't care what colour someone is ?
Had a search. A couple of posters talking about his book then pretty much all the mentions are Mr Savage here.

I can honestly say I've never heard of that person. Which posters on here worship him/them/it ?

Any other examples of people saying that your racists for saying you don't care what colour someone is ?
You must be aware that this regressive thinking has pervaded our society incrementally over the years to the point where opinions like Cynthia's are ubiquitous. Predominantly white working class areas = different, unwelcoming, bad.

Seemed diverse yesterday when I was down the town. Loads of Black families about in their Sunday best. I guess they had been to church. Actually great to see the pride they take in themselves
This.

Plenty of lazy white people milking benefits dotted about as well.

Last edited:
You must be aware that this regressive thinking has pervaded our society incrementally over the years to the point where opinions like Cynthia's are ubiquitous. Predominantly white working class areas = different, unwelcoming, bad.

Nope, not in my view and not in the views of anyone I know. And I knock about with mostly lefty types.

All I see is places that are forgotten by the government, no public investment, poor housing, no jobs , underfunded schools and NHS waiting lists, no public transport, no police, high crime rates and every other damning statistic. There'll be areas like this that are predominantly white (east Durham pit villages for instance) and areas like this that are predominantly non white (areas of Bradford and Birmingham for instance)..... Most people couldn't give a fuck about what colour the inhabitants are, but they are certainly 'bad' places to live relevant to other areas of the country

Its only you that is saying white=bad

Not good enough now mate. The idiots who worship at the race-baiting regressive altar of CRT will tell you, if you don't see colour you're racist and part of the problem.
If you follow the narrative these days, whites should feel guilty for being white.... I myself feel like I have to ake up for it every day

Back