Cyclists who ignore one-way and no entry signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do you do this? Are you exempt?

Boils my piss.

Cyclists don't care about your piss Frijji.

And come the next world war, it'll be the cyclists who get called on to save the wimpish non cyclists. Because we are fighting fit.
Or if there is a Zombie apocalypse, the rest of you will get your brains chewed. Even the slow z's will catch you. Never see a Zombie catch a cyclist. Even the fast ones.

Why do you need to thank the driver? The pedestrian has right of way.

Do you thank everyone who doesn't pull out in front of you at a give way line?
Not if the twat's riding a bike!
unless it's shared use either side

Reactions: Pop
Ah but did you know that the reason they use tarmac on roads was a campaign by cyclists back in the day? Think of all that tyre and suspension wear and tear you've save because of them.

Personally, there's a load that boils my piss about every type of road user buy seeing as we're picking on cyclists.......
  • Don't ride on pavements
  • Use cycle lanes where available. Yes there is actually one between Sunderland and shields!!!!
  • Do go through red lights
  • Don't squeeze down the inside of cars stopped at lights. They've literally just passed you for a reason!
  • Don't wear lycra if you're overweight. Losing weight would benefit your ride far more and a decent pair of riding shorts and a t-shirt will save you a lot of ridicule as us from having to poke our eyes out.

Not until they're fit for purpose. Full of broken glass and mouth breathing idiots letting their dogs cross them on extendable leads.

Infrastructure isn't great, particularly in the city centre but it's improving a bit. The basic problem is that most of the streets were built for horses, people walking and the occasional goat,

Amazed that they haven't pedestrianised large parts of the city centre, the cars are so unnecessary and it kills the feel of the place. When you're walking on a pavement that's about a yard wide and road is so dominating, it's a bit depressing. God knows how people with mobility issues get around.

Ah but did you know that the reason they use tarmac on roads was a campaign by cyclists back in the day? Think of all that tyre and suspension wear and tear you've save because of them.

Personally, there's a load that boils my piss about every type of road user buy seeing as we're picking on cyclists.......
  • Don't ride on pavements
  • Use cycle lanes where available. Yes there is actually one between Sunderland and shields!!!!
  • Do go through red lights
  • Don't squeeze down the inside of cars stopped at lights. They've literally just passed you for a reason!
  • Don't wear lycra if you're overweight. Losing weight would benefit your ride far more and a decent pair of riding shorts and a t-shirt will save you a lot of ridicule as us from having to poke our eyes out.

People have no obligation to use dreadful and dangerous infrastructure. If people use pavements its almost certainly because of this.

Red light jumping is illegal. Everyone does it though.

Filtering to the front is perfectly fine and one of the benefits of riding a bike. Why should you be punished for other people using massive polluting vehicles?

People are free to wear whatever they please. If you build safe and convenient infrastructure you'll get more people wearing normal gear, until then though cycling can be physically demanding therefore people dress appropriately. I have no idea why this annoys anyone!

Infrastructure, schminfrastructure yada yada. Horrible road hogs, the lot of them.

I saw a cyclist going the wrong way around the one way at work, a car pulled out as there was no need to look right (well not normally).

He went over the bonnet, the lad got out of his car, shouted, ‘it’s one way you stupid bastard’, got back in his car and drove off.

Not sure if there was any damage to the car but the lad had a canny limp after getting up and pushing his bike.

Amazed that they haven't pedestrianised large parts of the city centre, the cars are so unnecessary and it kills the feel of the place. When you're walking on a pavement that's about a yard wide and road is so dominating, it's a bit depressing. God knows how people with mobility issues get around.

Cars are only allowed in the very centre of the city (market square, street by Kings College etc.) at certain times (primarily for deliveries, I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back