Custom Lightroom presets

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiluk1985

Central Defender
Does anyone use these, or can recommend some canny develop presets to use in Lightroom?

I've got a few Seim presets which are pretty good for landscapes, making the photos look more vibrant etc. without making them look fake. Also one which adds a decent vignette and one which can isolate individual colours and leave the rest in greyscale.

any others worth trying out, particularly for landscapes?

H

hully2000

Does anyone use these, or can recommend some canny develop presets to use in Lightroom?

I've got a few Seim presets which are pretty good for landscapes, making the photos look more vibrant etc. without making them look fake. Also one which adds a decent vignette and one which can isolate individual colours and leave the rest in greyscale.

any others worth trying out, particularly for landscapes?
I concur on the SEIM effects, I've got a cpl of nice ones.

I have a series of quite a few which I can mail you if you drop me a PM with your email address.

Adobe site also has presets on there (free) from different people who make them, I havent tried any, but here's a sample link http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1711526

For landscapes, dont underestimate the power of just a few tweaks yourself on contrast, curves and saturation. It can make all the difference to the quality of an image, and doesnt make it look fake. That's what I normally do on landscapes as presets can often be overkill.

neiluk1985

Central Defender
I concur on the SEIM effects, I've got a cpl of nice ones.

I have a series of quite a few which I can mail you if you drop me a PM with your email address.

Adobe site also has presets on there (free) from different people who make them, I havent tried any, but here's a sample link http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1711526

For landscapes, dont underestimate the power of just a few tweaks yourself on contrast, curves and saturation. It can make all the difference to the quality of an image, and doesnt make it look fake. That's what I normally do on landscapes as presets can often be overkill.
cheers mate, I'll send you a PM. do you know if they'll work on macs?

I usually have a little play about with the contrast etc. but wouldn't really know what to do with the curves, so that's why the presets come in handy. Is it just a case of randomly moving the curves around until the photo looks canny, or is there a knack to it??

AB22 Easy Tiger

Nocturnal Tourist
Staff member
cheers mate, I'll send you a PM. do you know if they'll work on macs?

I usually have a little play about with the contrast etc. but wouldn't really know what to do with the curves, so that's why the presets come in handy. Is it just a case of randomly moving the curves around until the photo looks canny, or is there a knack to it??
There's a pretty good explanation of curves here.

Status
Not open for further replies.