1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Lightroom presets

Discussion in 'Photography discussion' started by neiluk1985, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neiluk1985

neiluk1985 Central Defender

Does anyone use these, or can recommend some canny develop presets to use in Lightroom?

I've got a few Seim presets which are pretty good for landscapes, making the photos look more vibrant etc. without making them look fake. Also one which adds a decent vignette and one which can isolate individual colours and leave the rest in greyscale.

any others worth trying out, particularly for landscapes?

2. hully2000

hully2000 Guest

I concur on the SEIM effects, I've got a cpl of nice ones.

I have a series of quite a few which I can mail you if you drop me a PM with your email address.

Adobe site also has presets on there (free) from different people who make them, I havent tried any, but here's a sample link http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1711526

For landscapes, dont underestimate the power of just a few tweaks yourself on contrast, curves and saturation. It can make all the difference to the quality of an image, and doesnt make it look fake. That's what I normally do on landscapes as presets can often be overkill.

3. neiluk1985

cheers mate, I'll send you a PM. do you know if they'll work on macs?

I usually have a little play about with the contrast etc. but wouldn't really know what to do with the curves, so that's why the presets come in handy. Is it just a case of randomly moving the curves around until the photo looks canny, or is there a knack to it??

4. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

There's a pretty good explanation of curves here.

5. neiluk1985

cheers! looks like it's a canny powerful tool like, think I'm gonna have to give it some practice.

6. MaDMaCKeM

MaDMaCKeM Midfield

Thats a great link, cheers. I really need to learn to use PS better than the bit i can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.