Custom Lightroom presets

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiluk1985

Midfield
Does anyone use these, or can recommend some canny develop presets to use in Lightroom?

I've got a few Seim presets which are pretty good for landscapes, making the photos look more vibrant etc. without making them look fake. Also one which adds a decent vignette and one which can isolate individual colours and leave the rest in greyscale.

any others worth trying out, particularly for landscapes?

Does anyone use these, or can recommend some canny develop presets to use in Lightroom?

I've got a few Seim presets which are pretty good for landscapes, making the photos look more vibrant etc. without making them look fake. Also one which adds a decent vignette and one which can isolate individual colours and leave the rest in greyscale.

any others worth trying out, particularly for landscapes?

I concur on the SEIM effects, I've got a cpl of nice ones.

I have a series of quite a few which I can mail you if you drop me a PM with your email address.

Adobe site also has presets on there (free) from different people who make them, I havent tried any, but here's a sample link http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1711526

For landscapes, dont underestimate the power of just a few tweaks yourself on contrast, curves and saturation. It can make all the difference to the quality of an image, and doesnt make it look fake. That's what I normally do on landscapes as presets can often be overkill.

I concur on the SEIM effects, I've got a cpl of nice ones.

I have a series of quite a few which I can mail you if you drop me a PM with your email address.

Adobe site also has presets on there (free) from different people who make them, I havent tried any, but here's a sample link http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1711526

For landscapes, dont underestimate the power of just a few tweaks yourself on contrast, curves and saturation. It can make all the difference to the quality of an image, and doesnt make it look fake. That's what I normally do on landscapes as presets can often be overkill.

cheers mate, I'll send you a PM. do you know if they'll work on macs?

I usually have a little play about with the contrast etc. but wouldn't really know what to do with the curves, so that's why the presets come in handy. Is it just a case of randomly moving the curves around until the photo looks canny, or is there a knack to it??

cheers mate, I'll send you a PM. do you know if they'll work on macs?

I usually have a little play about with the contrast etc. but wouldn't really know what to do with the curves, so that's why the presets come in handy. Is it just a case of randomly moving the curves around until the photo looks canny, or is there a knack to it??

There's a pretty good explanation of curves here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back