Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken ceylon is always a good choice

If ordering from grindon tandoori then garlic chilli rashan is very good

Anyone who mentions using a sauce from a jar is just an absolute animal without a palate

I used to work in Grindon Tandoori and they use Lloyd Grossman jars in their curries.

I reckon I'm the only Mackem - in fact the only English person I know who doesn't like curry. Anyone else out there?

In the interests of full disclosure I admit I don't like spicey hot food but when I have tried it (even the mild ones) I don't like the taste and the smell reminds me of disgusting Asians who have bad hygiene and ram of the same smell with BO mixed in.

Add to this the lads I knew in college (when the pubs shut at 11) would never want to go to the club and chase skirt they'd always just want to go to the curry house (Kaghan Valley on Otley Road, Leeds, is the Islamabad - the 'Slammer' a bit further up) so I was always a bit cobbed with the whole 'let's gan for a curry' malarkey.

I reckon I'm the only Mackem - in fact the only English person I know who doesn't like curry. Anyone else out there?

In the interests of full disclosure I admit I don't like spicey hot food but when I have tried it (even the mild ones) I don't like the taste and the smell reminds me of disgusting Asians who have bad hygiene and ram of the same smell with BO mixed in.

Add to this the lads I knew in college (when the pubs shut at 11) would never want to go to the club and chase skirt they'd always just want to go to the curry house (Kaghan Valley on Otley Road, Leeds, is the Islamabad - the 'Slammer' a bit further up) so I was always a bit cobbed with the whole 'let's gan for a curry' malarkey.

f***ing hell, you make @paws look left wing

f***ing hell, you make @paws look left wing
Bollocks it's got nowt to do with where you are on the political spectrum. You can tiptoe around this all you like but no smoke without fire. I knew an Indian lass at work who admitted that they had bad hygiene and she had to school the older members of her family who had come over from India on the use of deodorant. I taught a class once which had several Asian lads in and afterwards they all crowded round the front desk for questions the guff was so bad I had to tell them.

The Islamabad was shit. Chakwal's was the go to one for us. Naffees if you were feeling a bit flush.

What was the one by the Skyrack up in Headingley? I'd have thought that would have been the closest for the girls from Carnegie.

The Islamabad was shit. Chakwal's was the go to one for us. Naffees if you were feeling a bit flush.

What was the one by the Skyrack up in Headingley? I'd have thought that would have been the closest for the girls from Carnegie.
They were all shit that was my point. I think the Kaghan Valley was next to the Skyrack.

There was also one of those dogshit kebab joints near the Three Horse Shoes we called 'Callahans' cos whatever you ordered the fella would babble something through the hatch to his mate in the back doing the cooking, which would always end with 'Callahan'!

Weirdo.

Love curries, could eat Indian food morning noon and night.
Anything from a vindaloo to a korma.
Love all the breads and rices.
Love the pastries.
Methi Murg is quite good (chicken with fenugreek and turmeric).

Jalfrezi for tea. Home made ready meal that I made and froze as I knew I'd be home alone this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back