Curry at lunch

This thread has inspired me to go and get a curry chip butty from Mr Lee's in Witherwack when it opens in half an hour.

I'll hoy a pic up for you all.

Question is, batter in your curry and chips or not? Yes from me.

"Based on a sample of 1,000 Britons, it found that 53 per cent called the main evening meal dinner, 39 per cent called it tea and just 8 per cent called it supper. But within those figures, there was a stark north-south divide. In northern England, 68 per cent of those questioned called the main evening meal tea, but in London, only 5 per cent followed the same custom.

How did the divergence come about? In medieval England, everyone knew you ate breakfast when you rose at daybreak, dinner in the middle of the day and supper just before you went to bed, around sundown. Things started to change with rising prosperity, urbanisation and industrialisation.

The better-off could afford candles and lamps that allowed them to party after dark, and keeping late hours became a status symbol. For these people, dinner – still the main meal of the day – was gradually pushed back until it reached evening."

So basically, I'm better off and follow a status symbol :cool: Class

Shurrup and sup your lager top kidda :p

Because dinner and lunch are interchangable terms as far as I'm concerned, unlike tea, which is always the evening meal.
Ignore the southern ponce.

True. But it's going to be 9 degrees with blue skies and no wind, so it'll be hard to bitch.
Wow. Not sure how you'll cope there mate. :lol:

Anyone else absolutely crazy and partake in a bit of cereal for supper? :eek:
Its been known.

This thread has inspired me to go and get a curry chip butty from Mr Lee's in Witherwack when it opens in half an hour.

Of course!

Just had a reminisce of a curry battered bun from Margys in doxy. :p:p

Last edited:
Regularly had Malay or Thai curry for my lunch through the week when in Sydney. And we had a standing reservation at the GPO restaurant for 12 noon every Friday for the Indian curry and beer special.

Off to Akbars in Newcastle tonight. It's a trap!

Absolute scenes in the school hall when curry rice and chips was on the menu.

You know when one of the poor twats from the infants (or KS1 as it's called thee days) dropped a playte in the school hall. There was a 2 second pause while everybody turned round and stared then massive clapping and cheering as the poor little shit started crying with embarrassment.

There are about 6 decent curry cafes in Manchester’s northern quarter, so I always go for a Rice & 3 once a week at lunch.

One of them does a massive portion of rice with 3 veg curries on for £3.90 :cool:

Just plain wrong.

On a client site and the vast majority of people seem to be partaking in the curry on offer in the restaurant.

I love a spicy Indian on a Friday or Saturday night but just doesn't appeal for weekday lunch

The Indian near my work just got a Michelin star and is great for lunch. Depends on the restaurant.

Back