Curry at lunch

London lot, don't even know what ya tea is man :evil:
"Based on a sample of 1,000 Britons, it found that 53 per cent called the main evening meal dinner, 39 per cent called it tea and just 8 per cent called it supper. But within those figures, there was a stark north-south divide. In northern England, 68 per cent of those questioned called the main evening meal tea, but in London, only 5 per cent followed the same custom.

How did the divergence come about? In medieval England, everyone knew you ate breakfast when you rose at daybreak, dinner in the middle of the day and supper just before you went to bed, around sundown. Things started to change with rising prosperity, urbanisation and industrialisation.

The better-off could afford candles and lamps that allowed them to party after dark, and keeping late hours became a status symbol. For these people, dinner – still the main meal of the day – was gradually pushed back until it reached evening."

So basically, I'm better off and follow a status symbol :cool: Class

Just plain wrong.

On a client site and the vast majority of people seem to be partaking in the curry on offer in the restaurant.

I love a spicy Indian on a Friday or Saturday night but just doesn't appeal for weekday lunch

You're missing out. I had an Uncle Ben's Rice Pot "Medium Curry" the other week and a Korma the other day. Great stuff

Made a curry last night, took some for me dinner today. Lush. Have to eat it at my desk in office as we have no seats in the kitchen

Just plain wrong.

On a client site and the vast majority of people seem to be partaking in the curry on offer in the restaurant.

I love a spicy Indian on a Friday or Saturday night but just doesn't appeal for weekday lunch

Is it any particular curry that is wrong or just all of them? Any curry from Wasabi makes a lunch that is hard to beat by any other cuisine

"Based on a sample of 1,000 Britons, it found that 53 per cent called the main evening meal dinner, 39 per cent called it tea and just 8 per cent called it supper. But within those figures, there was a stark north-south divide. In northern England, 68 per cent of those questioned called the main evening meal tea, but in London, only 5 per cent followed the same custom.

How did the divergence come about? In medieval England, everyone knew you ate breakfast when you rose at daybreak, dinner in the middle of the day and supper just before you went to bed, around sundown. Things started to change with rising prosperity, urbanisation and industrialisation.

The better-off could afford candles and lamps that allowed them to party after dark, and keeping late hours became a status symbol. For these people, dinner – still the main meal of the day – was gradually pushed back until it reached evening."

So basically, I'm better off and follow a status symbol :cool: Class
Cockney twat!!

Back