Current heatwave in the UK

In fairness to the OP, the weather is absolutely diabolical. Yet another shite summer will have come & gone before we know it. & not long after, we'll all be excited & rubbing our hands with glee in anticipation of next summer. "Yeah, this is gonna be a cracker this year, lads. I have a feeling".

& it's gonna be shite next year as well.

In fairness to the OP, the weather is absolutely diabolical. Yet another shite summer will have come & gone before we know it. & not long after, we'll all be excited & rubbing our hands with glee in anticipation of next summer. "Yeah, this is gonna be a cracker this year, lads. I have a feeling".

& it's gonna be shite next year as well.
The pedants are pointing out “wAIt iT ISNt eVeN SUmMeR YeT maCkEM bj”
But the fact is, traditionally if you arent getting hot and sunny weather consistentl in May & June, there is no chance it’s rocking up in July & August for any length of time.

The pedants are pointing out “wAIt iT ISNt eVeN SUmMeR YeT maCkEM bj”
But the fact is, traditionally if you arent getting hot and sunny weather consistentl in May & June, there is no chance it’s rocking up in July & August for any length of time.
I'll actually disagree with ya, there. I've mentioned on here, possibly on this thread even, that the last couple of years, it was still freezing in May. It just took longer to warm up. But I've genuinely been saying for years that the summer is starting later & later every year. Fuckin depressing, but that where we're at. 😩

Doc midweek about the UK Summer of 76 'where temperatures were so high families fried eggs on the pavenent'.
COOKING EGGS

145°F/63°C
-- Egg whites begin to thicken

150°F/ 65°C--Egg whites become a tender solid although ovomucin yolk cords will coagulate much higher. The yolk protein starts to thicken.

158°F/70°C-- Egg yolks set.

165°F/73°C-- Whole egg sets. If eggs are cooked at 212F for too long they get rubbery as proteins continue to coagulate and water is pushed out from between protein molecules.

If they were cooking eggs on the pavements they were obviously total scruffs.

Last edited:

Back