Cummings - one rule for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The guy who claims het saw Cummings and wife at Barnard Castle on 12 April (her birthday) was very specific as to the make & colour of the vehicle and which lane it was parked on.
I know he could have fabricated this sighting - but a quick police check of cctv cameras will tell us that .

If he wad out at that beauty spit for birthday treat in the middle of lock down- days after they recovered ( still infectious?)
... Then he would be bang to rights ( a.d either him or Boris will be shown to be a liar)

C'mon police -

....it's now in the nationel interest - did he or didn't he ????
The teacher allowed his name to be attached to the story too. This, to me, means he is absolutely sure of his accusation. That or he's incredibly naive. A woman described the area of Barney he was reportedly seen in; even from her description I knew the exact area. If he was there he's going to be found out sharpish.

My thoughts after a period of reflection:

1) If Cummings genuinely took the action he did because he thought he was doing what was best for his child then I think he (and anyone else) gets a pass for that IMO. I would break one of these lockdown rules in a heartbeat if I thought my actions were going to protect somebody else, never mind my own child - I expect most would agree with that. And btw I don't give a shit about Cummings or the Tories, I'd say the same if it was someone on the Labour side.

2) Even if he wasn't ill at the time he made his trip, I can understand his fear that he and his wife may become too ill to properly look after their child and the need to prepare for that possibility.

3) Speculation about child care, relatives who live close by etc is pointless - we don't know their personal circumstances. They know what's best for their child, not us.

4) I still don't care if people want to meet parents etc as long as all parties agree to it and take the necessary precauations not to spread the virus to random people. People should still have that level of individual freedom even in this situation IMO and I really dislike this "Gestapo-esque" informant shit that has come to the surface over the past couple of months.

5) This media-driven, "pound of flesh", mob mentality hounding of people remains very distasteful - and I said the same when Corbyn was bearing the brunt of it. "Never apologise to a mob" is great advice and there's a large part of me that enjoys it when people have the nerve to tell the media (who are mostly wankers) and the baying mob to fuck off and keep ploughing on. To me the weak move in this situation is to cave to the pressure.

6) If Cummings genuinely hasn't broken the law as the government claim, they need to provide evidence for this - start quoting regulations etc.

7) If he has left his house and interacted with people outside his household when he should have been isolating and proof of this emerges then I think at that point he would have to go. I don't see any proof of this yet though, some random supposed eye-witness on Twitter isn't enough for me.

8) Anyone who claims that they're going to change their behaviour "because Cummings did!" is either being disingenuous for effect or is a complete moron who needs to stop looking to the government to tell them in minute detail how to lead their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back