CR's Epiphanic Booing Thread

NED vs AUS

both anthems observed with a convivial atmosphere in the stadium

neither team took the knee

Austria quick to concede a Penalty, masterfully taken and scored by Depay
Holland lucky not to get booked for diving

VAR NED and convivial support the clear winners here

Pretty niche market this mind Cat. It’s like me starting a thread asking if it’s just Scotland fans that have got their cock out at Hyde Park then updating daily.

it's so just like that

you should do that 😃 👍

I'm asking if it is only England and am happy to be proven wrong, well happy isn't probably the right word for finding this behaviour in other countries but you know what I mean.

So I'm going to try and catalogue it this tournament and see who does it.

So far.... just England

Are you retired or on holiday?

i love it and i wish we did it more often.

clearly effected the lincoln players the other week, they literally didnt want to touch the ball (ok it wasnt booing, it was just general aggression and 'who the fuck do you think you are'

we did it against the mags one time at home for the first 10 minutes it was class, proper rattled them

This, f***ing class when we've done it at the SoL against the mags or in a big game.
Was thinking yesterday that I can't think of another country whose fans routinely boo the opposing team's anthem regardless of who they are.
I know some countries have a particular rivalry where it may happen but they don't boo every team they play.
So far in this tournament only England have boo'd their own players and the opposing anthem.

Are there other countries whose fans do this? I'm sure there are, like Turkey? Do they boo their opponents' anthems?

Yawn 🥱 who gives a toss what other countries do? Boo the fuck out of whatever we want if it means we go far in this tournament.

When did folk who follow football become so soft and sensitive about offending the opposition or what other people think?

I take it you've not attended many Sunlun games in person over the years if this bothers you enough to start a thread on it?!

Last edited:
Are you retired or on holiday?
nope
This, f***ing class when we've done it at the SoL against the mags or in a big game.

Yawn 🥱 who gives a toss what other countries do? Boo the fuck out of whatever we want if it means we go far in this tournament.

When did folk who follow football become so soft and sensitive about offending the opposition or what other people think?

I take it you've not attended many Sunlun games in person over the years if this bothers you enough to start a thread on it?!

this is not about club football or booing the opposing team as is pointed out several times on this thread 😃 👍

As another day of football draws to a close I can report that we had all 6 anthems observed beautifully so England are still the only country on the scoresheet.
I have no doubt that we won't be saying this tomorrow which promises to deliver some convivial booing to celebrate one of the oldest rivalries in football.

Will Scotland join England on the scoresheet? I very much think so.

Was thinking yesterday that I can't think of another country whose fans routinely boo the opposing team's anthem regardless of who they are.
I know some countries have a particular rivalry where it may happen but they don't boo every team they play.
So far in this tournament only England have boo'd their own players and the opposing anthem.

Are there other countries whose fans do this? I'm sure there are, like Turkey? Do they boo their opponents' anthems?
In fairness it's a good question and worth asking. I dunno, but as I get older I'm less partisan and whilst I always want to win, I'm never going to boo the opposition and certainly wouldn't boo a national anthem.

Back