CrossFit in Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly the same as me. Unless you are coming in with lots of lifting experience it isn't possible to learn that many different movements over a short space of time.
But you don't have to master the movements over a short space of time, they normally do technique coaching in a session, I've asked for help on snatch and muscle up progressions and the coaches have been more than happy to help! And if something was to much for me, just scale it down till it's manageble.

But you don't have to master the movements over a short space of time, they normally do technique coaching in a session, I've asked for help on snatch and muscle up progressions and the coaches have been more than happy to help! And if something was to much for me, just scale it down till it's manageble.

This is true and I am not saying anything bad about the coaches because they were really good and explained everything well. I still found they accepted a slight dip in form in order to have the intensity and for me I was coming back from injuries and knew more were in the post if I didn't stop.

They were really good but there is a very fine line even if you are an expert in a lift where you are really pushing it when fatigued that maintaining form becomes very difficult/impossible.

Very interesting points lads.

Crossfit is not the only training system out there so aslong as you are training and getting results in whatever your doing or even just enjoying it then thats all that matters.

Personally if people are doing metcons then I don't believe 99% get anywhere near the intensity that is possible by training with others against the clock. Just from experience

Yes the clock can become a danger but so can anything and again education is therefore a priority.

I love seeing people succeed in there training and believe it should be a massive focus in everyone's life.

I'll try and visit here more often.

Titus, enjoy your posts my friend, seem to have a very good background in strength.

My only gripe with some people is why do we love to focus on negatives, it seems the way of the world these days. How about celebrate some of the successes in everything.

Good post guys, some sensible banter going on!!

Very interesting points lads.

Crossfit is not the only training system out there so aslong as you are training and getting results in whatever your doing or even just enjoying it then thats all that matters.

Personally if people are doing metcons then I don't believe 99% get anywhere near the intensity that is possible by training with others against the clock. Just from experience

Yes the clock can become a danger but so can anything and again education is therefore a priority.

I love seeing people succeed in there training and believe it should be a massive focus in everyone's life.

I'll try and visit here more often.

Titus, enjoy your posts my friend, seem to have a very good background in strength.

My only gripe with some people is why do we love to focus on negatives, it seems the way of the world these days. How about celebrate some of the successes in everything.

Good post guys, some sensible banter going on!!

I agree about the intensity, I've never worked as hard as I have at a crossfit gym. I think once form has been nailed it is a great way for training.

Hope the gym is a success for you anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back