Cricketers fallen from grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF ? :oops:

Try Michael Roseberry. Scored gallons of runs for Middlesex then took Durhams money in exchange for a run of desperately low scores.

might be in reference to his show on talksport.

Doesn't Michael Roseberry have alot of property/businesses in the local area and owns rainton meadows arena? or am I getting him mixed up with someone else

Doesn't Michael Roseberry have alot of property/businesses in the local area and owns rainton meadows arena? or am I getting him mixed up with someone else

Could be his uncle, Matt. He used to be on the Durham CCC board of directors and had a fair bit of clout in local cricket.

His old man Matty owns the conglomerate. Michael and his brother Andrew help run things

Harmison definitely, didn't Hoggard just get old though?
I read an article where he was really peeved to be dropped by England. I got the impression that he still thought he was good enough. However he now of course at a cricketing backwater. Must be quite a fall for him?

I read an article where he was really peeved to be dropped by England. I got the impression that he still thought he was good enough. However he now of course at a cricketing backwater. Must be quite a fall for him?

I thought he lost a bit of zip, and he didn't have much to start with. I know he felt a bit let down by England and then by Yorkshire but I thought that was just his ego talking, but year I guess a fall for him.

I just meant that he seemed to fulfill his potential, played stacks of games for England, won the Ashes etc. I was thinking more along the lines of players who've had potential and blown it for whatever reason.

Captaining an emerging county, with a good solid base of young players - Taylor, Buck, and Naik (although 26, he is starting to develop into a decent player) - mixed in with some good, experienced pros - Nixon, McDonald, Hoggard, Jefferson.

He's hardly fallen massively, he took a chance to join Leicestershire, and so far it looks justified. :neutral:

Captaining an emerging county, with a good solid base of young players - Taylor, Buck, and Naik (although 26, he is starting to develop into a decent player) - mixed in with some good, experienced pros - Nixon, McDonald, Hoggard, Jefferson.

He's hardly fallen massively, he took a chance to join Leicestershire, and so far it looks justified. :neutral:

wasnt he booted out by Yakshite?

Leicestershire really are the pits of county cricket at the moment bar Taylor they are all either over the hill or youngsters who are not upto it.

wasnt he booted out by Yakshite?

Pretty sure he would have had other offers on the table.

Leicestershire really are the pits of county cricket at the moment bar Taylor they are all either over the hill or youngsters who are not upto it.

They've not been able to attract any decent players owing to their main backer pulling the plug. They've been hit really hard financially. They've got the talent there, just depends whether they can string the results together. Worcestershire were deemed to be the pits but went up last season without any 'star' players.

felt sorry for Hoggard was our best seam bowler in sri lanka taking 7 wickets had a shocker of a match in New Zealand and was never seen again

WTF ? :oops:

Try Michael Roseberry. Scored gallons of runs for Middlesex then took Durhams money in exchange for a run of desperately low scores.

No, al stick with Darren thanks. An utter bellend who sees himself as a credible sports pundit/presenter/journalist. :lol: No Darren, ye just a cock.

West Indies test player Leslie Hylton was hanged for murdering his wife in the 50s. Top that!!!

Wally Hammond died from syphilis complications. Allegedly.

Went to their ground for the Pro 40 match the other day; a right dump in a crap area. Hardly anyone there either considering it was a sunny bank holiday monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back