Cricket World Cup 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just feel like a tie should be separated a better way than that. 50 overs each couldn’t separate them. A super over couldn’t separate them - perhaps the super over could be 5 overs each in future? Feels more of a cricketing contest.
Fair point

Here we go highlights on ch4 now

I didn't know it went to a super over. A fair way to decide the winner could have been the team that won the group game between the two sides.

Extraordinary stuff. There can not have been a game of cricket better than that ever. World Cup final as well. Unbelievable.

England become the first country to win the World Cup in football, cricket and rugby.

I hope with the t20 starting next week that this gives a massive boost to the game in this country.

Enjoyed the tournament immensely and isn’t it great to say that finally England are the cricketing champions of the world.

That happened in 2010 when we won the T20. ;)

We’ve beaten Australia, India, and New Zealand to get to the final. We bowled brilliantly in the 1st innings and Stokes gave us a massive performance to tie the game. New Zealand didn’t lose because of the boundary tie break or the overthrows but because of moments of poor cricket ie Santner ducking on the last ball and Boult stepping on the boundary. In almost every tiebreak we would have won ie Position in table, h2h and nrr. We may have tied the match but we 100% deserve our win imo.

Never said we didn't deserve to win, but when you consider how rare it is in cricket to get a tie - I feel there should be a better way to find a winner.

You mentioned all those things in England’s favour but there are just as many in NZ’s favour - the great catches, the excellent spell from De Grandhomme, the death bowling from Ferguson, etc - hence why the game ended up tied.

That's it's not fair the way we won. Rules were there before the game. Both teams know this.

I’m not contesting that, I just feel there should be a better way to seperate two teams who have played hard cricket for the best part of 7 hours only to end on a tie.

The game was gone when Buttler was out. It was too much on that wicket. Those overthrows man! Unbelievable. I f***ing love this game

Bairstow wasn't it?
Could be. Another if or but incident

Amazing experience and what a game to watch. Hats off to all the lads you have done us all so proud especially Stokes son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back