Cricket Australia Statement

I didn’t hear Bancroft being booed at Durham?
Likewise but for me folk are entitled to criticise him as ultimately he was part of the cheating incident. The Australians are a funny breed, they dish it out, but as soon as it's given back, they can't even slightly tolerate/accept it. End of the day I have no sympathy for cheats if they're getting grief no matter who they play for

Oh and I take issue with:

"toughest penalties in history of cricket"

There are lads out there who got life bans for cheating :eek:
Mohammed Asif and Salman Butt
Lou Vincent too?
Likewise but for me folk are entitled to criticise him as ultimately he was part of the cheating incident. The Australians are a funny breed, they dish it out, but as soon as it's given back, they can't even slightly tolerate/accept it. End of the day I have no sympathy for cheats if they're getting grief no matter who they play for
It was highlighted on Sky that Cummins bowled 11 balls at Archer in our first innings. 10 of them were short pitched. “Give it to him and let it go” they will have said.
And as rightly pointed out in this thread the Shackle Draggers cry wolf when it happens to them.
Fckin nasty blow mind and yes, I trust he will recover.
He will probably be on an Emirates flight home this week and back for OT if he is ruled out of Headingley.
That would be the right decision given the nature of the injury .

Last edited:
Whenever these 3 and the cheating gets mentioned on here I will continue to say Iam not bothered what decisions the Aussies made but the one that infuriates me is the decision Durham made to sign one of them when he was still banned and then make him captain of the club.

The Australian Cricketers Association has issued a statement about yesterday, both on the concussion protocols and the booing that was heard at the ground:

"The overnight events at Lords show the importance of the concussion protocols which have been developed in Australia over the last few years," president Greg Dyer and chief executive Alistair Nicholson said in a joint statement.
"Administrators in Australia working with the ACA and now the ICC have done a good job in putting the protocols in place. Plainly, they are necessary to protect the players who are struck. Let's remind ourselves - this is a workplace for these players.
"The reality is that cricket can be a dangerous sport, especially when the bowling is as ferocious as it has been in this series. To see the protocols practiced at Lords overnight was important and correct.
"What was unwelcome and incorrect was the sound of booing of an injured player. Cricket deserves much better than that. And Lords, the home of cricket, deserves much better than that also.
"What we witnessed was bravery from an outstanding young man. It should be commended not vilified. Over the English summer, generally the crowds have been terrific and really added to the contest. But when someone is hurt, yet the boos continue, it's time to call 'enough.'
"At any rate, the players have already served the toughest penalties in the history of cricket. Surely it is time to move forward."
Whinging Aussies, they have dished it out in the past but can't take it, I do worry how Joffra will get on when he has to bat

"Break his f***ing arm"
"Send him home crying"
Trott and Tresco have significant mental health issues - "ah, they're just weak these Poms"

This, where was the statement from these people then? Back yard bullies, who scream the loudest when they feel the pressure. It's a National trait (even their PM is whining on) in every sport they play.
Hope Smith has no lasting physical/mental issues through it, which is more compassion than he's shown.

Last edited:
But surely the Aussies have turned over a new leaf? They no longer have a win at all costs attitude!

Well, that's what they'll say publicly and play the victim when things don't go so well with them. But in the dressing room and the board rooms they'll be hammering home the message "beat them at all costs, but don't get bloody caught you bloody dingos".

I do worry how Joffra will get on when he has to bat
It shouldn't be an issue - the Umpires should step in if it becomes obvious that the Aussie bowlers are deliberately trying to hit him on the head. It's not the same as bowling bouncers at supposedly competent top-order batsmen who have (or should have) the necessary skills to combat it. Different kettle of fish when the lower-order and tail-enders are on the receiving end as they don't necessarily have the ability to deal with it.

In saying that, the Umpires seem weak as water and, from what I've seen so far, the likelihood is that they'll just let it go until a tail-ender gets seriously hurt.

Back