Cricket Australia Statement

brandon

Striker
The Australian Cricketers Association has issued a statement about yesterday, both on the concussion protocols and the booing that was heard at the ground:

"The overnight events at Lords show the importance of the concussion protocols which have been developed in Australia over the last few years," president Greg Dyer and chief executive Alistair Nicholson said in a joint statement.
"Administrators in Australia working with the ACA and now the ICC have done a good job in putting the protocols in place. Plainly, they are necessary to protect the players who are struck. Let's remind ourselves - this is a workplace for these players.
"The reality is that cricket can be a dangerous sport, especially when the bowling is as ferocious as it has been in this series. To see the protocols practiced at Lords overnight was important and correct.
"What was unwelcome and incorrect was the sound of booing of an injured player. Cricket deserves much better than that. And Lords, the home of cricket, deserves much better than that also.
"What we witnessed was bravery from an outstanding young man. It should be commended not vilified. Over the English summer, generally the crowds have been terrific and really added to the contest. But when someone is hurt, yet the boos continue, it's time to call 'enough.'
"At any rate, the players have already served the toughest penalties in the history of cricket. Surely it is time to move forward."

They can fuck off with the last 3 paragraphs

Absolutely right they can.

I agree with the sentiment and in actual fact I have never been a supporter of the booing. The first time, fine, it sends the intended message that we don't like cheats. After that and even now, its just f***ing boring to be honest.

CA however are in no position to suddenly turn holier than thou on it and what's more - it massively stokes up something that was IMO largely irrelevant. The booing must have been from no more than what, 5% of the attendance? Largely drowned out with applause. The fuckers have both a short memory and a hypocrisy blindspot.

Absolutely right they can.

I agree with the sentiment and in actual fact I have never been a supporter of the booing. The first time, fine, it sends the intended message that we don't like cheats. After that and even now, its just f***ing boring to be honest.

CA however are in no position to suddenly turn holier than thou on it and what's more - it massively stokes up something that was IMO largely irrelevant. The booing must have been from no more than what, 5% of the attendance? Largely drowned out with applause. The fuckers have both a short memory and a hypocrisy blindspot.
Summed it up perfectly. Any booing yesterday doesn’t sit well with me, but a statement like that is absurd

Actually. Just to point out that it’s not cricket Australia. It’s the Australian Cricketers Association. So the PFA rather than the FA (I think)

The point still holds

Last edited:
I'll be booking Smith and Warner on Thursday without fail
Cheats are cheats, you don't lose that label just because you got hit on the head
Oh and I take issue with:

"toughest penalties in history of cricket"

There are lads out there who got life bans for cheating :eek:
Amir went to prison FFS!
This cry baby attitude from Cricket Australia after 30 years of Australian teams being the biggest bullies in the sport is f***ing hilarious

Cheats are cheats, you don't lose that label just because you got hit on the head

Amir went to prison FFS!
This cry baby attitude from Cricket Australia after 30 years of Australian teams being the biggest bullies in the sport is f***ing hilarious
See my post above. It’s not actually CA.

Amir went to prison FFS!

Absolutely f***ing astonishing mate. This coming from a Cricket Board, who's own captain instructed one of his bowlers to "break his f***ing arm" whilst bowling to James Anderson in 2013.
Summed it up perfectly. Any booing yesterday doesn’t sit well with me, but a statement like that is absurd

Actually. Just to point out that it’s not cricket Australia. It’s the Australian Cricketers Association. So the PFA rather than the FA (I think)

The point still holds

Good spot chunky, my apologies for mis-reporting. Read it on cricinfo as CA :oops: (It said ACA, I read it as CA).

Last edited:
Didn’t agree with the booing. The statement is totally hypocritical and wouldn’t have been considered if the same events had occurred to an England player in Oz.

However the Ozzie’s whinge at their loudest when their rattled. After yesterday afternoons session it’s now obvious that Archer is suited to playing Test match cricket and can bowl really quick for long spells. Assuming he stays fit then the Ozzie’s are in for a right battering. Cue the whinging. They’ll probably question his action next or something else just as pathetic.

Didn’t agree with the booing. The statement is totally hypocritical and wouldn’t have been considered if the same events had occurred to an England player in Oz.

However the Ozzie’s whinge at their loudest when their rattled. After yesterday afternoons session it’s now obvious that Archer is suited to playing Test match cricket and can bowl really quick for long spells. Assuming he stays fit then the Ozzie’s are in for a right battering. Cue the whinging. They’ll probably question his action next or something else just as pathetic.

Never a truer statement spoken marra, hopefully the England management and psychologists are thinking exactly the same and hammering this home all week to the players before Headingley (and today). These bastards don't like it up 'em!

By the way this is the Australian Cricketer's Association, not Cricket Australia. You can kind of understand it a bit more, like the PFA sticking up for a targeted footballer.

Didn't see this
.... aye that's a great analogy marra, top notch ;)

Last edited:
Astonishing that we get branded ‘whinging poms’ when these fuckers cry the second things don’t go the way they would like.

Their behaviour over bodyline was embarrassing enough particularly when you fast forward to Lillee and Thompson with the Aussie crowd singing ‘Lillee, Lillee, Kill, Kill’ as he was running in to bowl.

Back