Craft Beer

I know I'm gonna get absolute pelters from the SMB for this. But I have to say that some of these American style craft beers are f***ing class

Granted, a bit more expensive, but they are very tasty

Have a Beavertown Neck Oil Session IPA on the go. Very canny

I'm a real ale man but tempted. What alcohol content is it?

I can't see why there's so much animus against tasty beer. So the stereotypical drinker is somebody either old or hipsterish with a beard. So what? It's tasty beer. I'd rather not drink beer than only be able to drink Fosters of Carling and I absolutely love a drink me. Maybe they should call it tasty beer instead of craft beer and it might solve the problem.

Saw a 'Hand Crafted 'Lager in Sainsbury's the other day the label said it was best with seafood like they put on wine ffs!

I can't see why there's so much animus against tasty beer. So the stereotypical drinker is somebody either old or hipsterish with a beard. So what? It's tasty beer. I'd rather not drink beer than only be able to drink Fosters of Carling and I absolutely love a drink me. Maybe they should call it tasty beer instead of craft beer and it might solve the problem.
Yeah but people tend to come across as incredibly pretentious and just a little bit superior.

Real ale man as well especially over Cumbria which has some great micro ones.
Eden brewery over there started with real ale but have been brewing more and more craft ales as the market picks up. Some crackers among them but to be treated with care as strong ales usually http://edenbrewery.com/

Got introduced to them and many more ales at my fav pub over there in Braithwaite :cool:

A lot of the stuff being made is far better than some of the insipid, soggy tasting CAMRA approved crap out there. Some people (not necessarily you) seem to take CAMRA approval as a mark of quality nowadays and will drink anything with their stamp on the pump.

That's an absolutely topper choice mate. Try their Black Betty stout as well.

All the names are made up Ross. The beer doesn't name itself ya knar!!! ;)

Bullshit. The day the 'Fosters Well' was discovered was a terrible day indeed.

He is a drink snob. He's not drinking 4 cans of Kestrel, its some IPA with a daft name.

Drinking something a bit different doesn't make him a drink snob. It's his attitude to what other people are drinking that defines whether he is a snob or not. Like the other bloke said, drink whatever the fuck you like to drink and leave it at that. Up there with music and comedy, there's nothing more irritating than people telling others what they should like.

Back