Craft Beer

think i bought some in Booths supermarket in ripon a couple of months ago, cant remember as i brought 20 different beers back, anyway i have recently been ordering from here

http://www.belgianbeerfactory.com/best-belgium/

fill ya boots mate, only 7.50 euros for a delivery, superb service too.
Cheers!
A booths regular in te caravan season ower Keswick--great selection and value on beers but every thing else is pricey :lol:
Cocker hoop or Cumberland usually £1.25 or sometimes even a pund :cool:

They're class in the main, the Yanks do some excellent beers these days. I was drinking Shipyard IPA in the Worm on Saturday which is American style IPA and it's a lovely drop.

The problem I have with them is that I enjoy some of them that much I can drink them like water.

Devil's Backbone is a canny drop Wetherspoons do as well.

There are some great beers kicking about at the moment and the amount of competition is making it better for the punters as there is a load of choice. It's refreshing to get more options instead of going into bars with the same old boring shite like Fosters, Carling, John Smiths etc.

Like what you like mate, too many drink snobs around here. Drink hipsters can all get ferked as far as I'm concerned. If you like it and it gets you merry crack on

Well said. But it's the goons who only drink craft beers & look down on Heineken/Carlsberg etc drinkers who annoy me. These morons were drinking the very same Heineken before craft beers came along.

some superb craft beers out there, picked a few up yesterday in fenwicks and M&S, however this is my fave beer at the moment

Logon or register to see this image
Today's not craft beer. That's traditional Belgium. Nice, though.

Doubt that very much. Weak porters and stouts were being shipped to the Americas fine.
Nope, he was right.

Ipa was about getting beer to India in good condition.

Doubt that very much. Weak porters and stouts were being shipped to the Americas fine.
India on a boat was a lot further than the America's in them days, a trip around Africa takes it's toll. The 6%+ was needed to last the journey, this was reserved for the officers and such, when they got there it was watered down to around 4% for the troops and crew.

Nope, he was right.

Ipa was about getting beer to India in good condition.

Do you have any actual evidence for that? This chap is quite a well known amateur beer historian and suggests that it's not the case, and that there was a hop recommendation as well as an attenuation recommendation, but nothing about strength.

http://zythophile.co.uk/2010/03/31/ipa-the-executive-summary/

"All we know from the evidence we do have is that Hodgson was one of the brewers exporting pale ale to India, and became the most famous. We can guess that Hodgson quite likely knew of the opinion expressed in books on brewing written in the 1760s that it was a good idea to highly hop ales for export to warmer climes. But there is no evidence at all that Hodgson was the one to discover this. Eventually that general knowledge about the need to hop beers for export to places like India apparently led to brewers to announce for sale something they called “Pale Ale prepared for the East and West India Climate” and similar designations, which was eventually shortened or summarised as “India Pale Ale”. The fact that Hodgson called its beer “East India Pale Ale” in 1835 means it was probably “prepared for the East India climate” and so more highly hopped: whether it was so prepared in 1793 we don’t know."

Was at the craft beer festival in Newcastle back in october. Tried a load of beers from around the globe.

But the best by a mile was our local brewery of Wylam with their Jakehead IPA. I'd had it prior to that festival but bloody hell it's a good drop, best thing I've drank tbh.

6.3% of pure nectar, they brought out a double version version a couple of weeks ago at 12.6% . The normal version is rocket fuel :eek:

Back