Craft Beer

As a Nottingham Craft Drinker, I'd love to swap some recommendations for some North-East breweries that would deliver nationwide. Although note strictly North-East I've enjoyed some Magic Rock and North Riding (although maybe more ales here...) Any ideas greatly appreciated as I'd like to try some different stuff.

For you guys to check out
- Black Iris
- Neon Raptor
- Castle Rock (more ales but do some good Citras and American Pale style)

No idea if the have been mentioned yet but

Almasty
Errant
Two by Two
Full Circle
Sonnet 43, now S43

If you can get some Vaux then get that, had 4 of theirs I think and they've all been superb but probably sold out most places now until they produce some more

What's that Hazy Jane like?
I like the Hazy Jane a lot - just bought 96 cans of it for £98! with free delivery
Wylam
Two By Two
Box Social
Flash House
By The Riverside

S43 now they’ve gone trendy! Great shout tho.
Is the s43 canned stuff decent? Because I’ve never had a decent pint of their draft stuff in 5 years.

Last edited:
Took delivery of a few decent bottles from the Pelton Brewery earlier today. Newish brewery but definitely one to watch, prices are a bit high but I guess you pay for quality. Have a fantastic high malt slow ale called Retro Ouston Sugar Hill. Worth a punt. Best served with a cinnamon flavoured sweet potato crisp.

Just paid 6.20 for a can of DIPA because it was there and the only other options were four tins of Stella and Carling. And I still bought the Carling as well. When I'm at the pearly gates St Peter will read that back to me. f***ing nice, though.

Paid £14 for 4 330ml tins of Ardbeg Smoky Porter. Haven't tried it yet but for something of a rarity I thought it was worth investing, particularly as a big fan of their whisky

More of a Boldon Asda man meself 😉

Must admit it’s never really been my cup of tea but my Brother in Law is bang into craft beer and has tried to convert z. I was happy with me Stella but then there was a thread on here about Beer 52 at start of lockdown so took the plunge and love it.
Asda’s not great for beer like. Tesco is probably the best for supermarket selections

They do a very nice 32% ale in York. Nuclear Tactical Penguin its called and at £5 for a third of a pint its good value. Blows ya cap off.

Not sure if it can be called a craft or real ale but it is a beer of some sort. I believe it is Belgian or Dutch.

They do a very nice 32% ale in York. Nuclear Tactical Penguin its called and at £5 for a third of a pint its good value. Blows ya cap off.

Not sure if it can be called a craft or real ale but it is a beer of some sort. I believe it is Belgian or Dutch.
:neutral:

Anyone had Tiny Rebel - Pump up the Jam?

I know it's meant to be 'jam doughnut' flavour, but it took me ages to remember what it reminded me of. It tastes like monkeys blood.

Aye, twice now I’ve bought 96 cans which seems like good value until you drink it like pop. Apparently they have a collab with Aldi now which is weird
That's not a collaboration - Aldi were making and selling a Punk IPA rip off called Rebel or something, and BrewDog responded by making a beer with a logo and name that ripped off Aldi's own trademarks.

One of their better marketing stunts, but overall that BrewDog lad is a proper knobhead.

Back