Craft Beer

Please educate me then.
I’m not clever enough to educate others to be honest. What I do know is that with spontaneously fermented beers the yeast comes from the surrounding environment so terroir is hugely important.
Maybe yeast in the environment doesn’t fit into the typical definition of terroir but brewers will occasionally use the term.

I’m not clever enough to educate others to be honest. What I do know is that with spontaneously fermented beers the yeast comes from the surrounding environment so terroir is hugely important.
Maybe yeast in the environment doesn’t fit into the typical definition of terroir but brewers will occasionally use the term.

Spontan type beers are extremely niche tbf, you're right but they're not representative of craft as a whole and most of them are extremely traditional European styles.

Similar with Scandi kveik beers.
You’re wrong. More important with spontaneously fermented beers but lots of local variables play a part.

They do, e.g hops grown in one location will differ from the same breed from a different location. The thing with vinyards is they are vinyards, so have their own fruits. Brewers tend to share a supplier so the local variation usually gets lost.

Last edited:
Horrendously misjudged. What on earth are they thinking with this? Had to double check it wasn't a piss take.

Kinda gutted actually as its a brewery I've enjoyed over the years. Really sad to see such fawning over the Saudi regime.

Aye, it's in terribly bad taste like. I'm the same, love their beers but if this is their crack I'll not be buying much more of their stuff in future.

That'd fairy muff mate

Any recommendations?

My mate and his wife lived in Munich for a few years and their favourite is Augustiner Helles.
Horrendously misjudged. What on earth are they thinking with this? Had to double check it wasn't a piss take.

Kinda gutted actually as its a brewery I've enjoyed over the years. Really sad to see such fawning over the Saudi regime.

Whoever controls their Instagram account is carrying on like an absolute arsehole with anyone who criticises it. Going to give them a miss from now on.

Last edited:
As a Nottingham Craft Drinker, I'd love to swap some recommendations for some North-East breweries that would deliver nationwide. Although note strictly North-East I've enjoyed some Magic Rock and North Riding (although maybe more ales here...) Any ideas greatly appreciated as I'd like to try some different stuff.

For you guys to check out
- Black Iris
- Neon Raptor
- Castle Rock (more ales but do some good Citras and American Pale style)

As a Nottingham Craft Drinker, I'd love to swap some recommendations for some North-East breweries that would deliver nationwide. Although note strictly North-East I've enjoyed some Magic Rock and North Riding (although maybe more ales here...) Any ideas greatly appreciated as I'd like to try some different stuff.

For you guys to check out
- Black Iris
- Neon Raptor
- Castle Rock (more ales but do some good Citras and American Pale style)

@Clean Bristow

Back