Craft Beer

That’s nee good. However, I’m cutting right back these days. Get me Vaux sub box, got a shit load of beer to get through & hangovers are becoming an issue.
Had a lovely brown ale imperial stout from kernel the other day. It was like a brown ale with a creamy sweet finish. Very different from a normal impy but great.

Got my box from Vault City today. Looking forward to the s’mores and got six cans of the Bellini sour for the missus.

Free Trade had a few of theirs on the other week. Hadn't bothered with them before but they were great. Foolishly I think it was the straight up design on their bottles that perhaps didn't grab my attention.
One of the first craft breweries I ever tried. Always have something of theirs on in the Harp by Trafalgar Square and we used to get in most Friday lunchtimes when I worked at the Department of Health.

I’m in London in April. Planning on visiting the taproom.

Also, going to Cardiff match on Good Friday, staying in Cheltenham on the Thursday night, so will be ticking off the Deya taproom. *finally* 😎

Night in Cardiff after the match too, looking forward to it.
Cardiff isn’t really that good for beer unless you’re in the mood for trad cask. Tiny Rebel and Head of Steam are the best bets unless anything new has opened in the last year. Zero Degrees is especially rubbish.

Cardiff isn’t really that good for beer unless you’re in the mood for trad cask. Tiny Rebel and Head of Steam are the best bets unless anything new has opened in the last year. Zero Degrees is especially rubbish.
Was going to recommend Bub’s as that was the best place we went to when we were there in 2021 - sadly looks to have closed. Spent the rest of our time in the two you mention there.

There's something a bit disappointing about the Kernel taproom imo. Not a huge range on usually, I think.
I think it's good! Usually clear of dickheads as well which have all but ruined the rest of the mile (imo).

Kernel absolutely nail their brown ales and stouts. Table beer remains the king. Their saisons are up there as well. Pale ales and IPAs are a bit meh. Lagers not great either. I do love them though.

I think it's good! Usually clear of dickheads as well which have all but ruined the rest of the mile (imo).

Kernel absolutely nail their brown ales and stouts. Table beer remains the king. Their saisons are up there as well. Pale ales and IPAs are a bit meh. Lagers not great either. I do love them though.
I like the beer, just feel like the offerings haven't been good in the taproom when I've been in. Definitely no saisons on last time I was in.

Agree about the dickhead quota elsewhere though.

Had a couple of Pollys IPAs yesterday & today. 5.5% & 6.5% I think.

Anyhow, waiting for the taxi & wanted a little can to sup. Punk IPA. Jesus the difference is night & day. So shit. To think this was the gateway for many about 15 years ago.

Back