Craft Beer

Fantastic thing to do mate. The book would be wasted on me though. Sieve too much time posting shite on here :lol:

Subscriptions don't interest me either. I can shop online or go to Rehills or Centrale and depending on the ABVs get 8-10 cans I want and fancy for £40-50. The likes of Beer 52 I got 2-3 nice, 2-3 I'd drink but wouldn't buy again, and regularly 2-3 were awful, or styles i really dislike.

I binned it off sharpish and wouldn't even subscribe today for half price.

What did you go for?

Very good pub that, as you might expect, the cask is usually excellent.
Kicked off with a North South by Marble, which was a superb start. Shattered Illusions from Anarchy now. Not quite as good. Both cask.

Planning to smash through as many halves on cask as I can in 2 hours spare

Bit of both. I have seen session stuff of 5.5 i think it was, and I can only assume their sessions are fairly short. Session stuff needs to be summat you can have 10 pints of IMHO

You can session on a 5% mind. Suppose it depends on rate you're supping though.
Subscriptions don't interest me either. I can shop online or go to Rehills or Centrale and depending on the ABVs get 8-10 cans I want and fancy for £40-50. The likes of Beer 52 I got 2-3 nice, 2-3 I'd drink but wouldn't buy again, and regularly 2-3 were awful, or styles i really dislike.

Agreed. I've only used Beer52 once. Was terrible, for reasons you give (although id say more were in the awful bracket).
Kicked off with a North South by Marble, which was a superb start. Shattered Illusions from Anarchy now. Not quite as good. Both cask.

Planning to smash through as many halves on cask as I can in 2 hours spare

I'm pondering dabbling in this halves carry on. Only ever do pints or two thirders if too strong.

Last edited:

I’m now a Vaux subscriber mind. Bi monthly. Half to support the local business, half because it’ll force time to try a few new things. I don’t think I’m being biased mind, but their beers are always very good.

As mentioned, Cuzzy, thought it was class.

Get to try more and it makes you think you’re spending less than you are. Finished on a pint of my favourite.

Can always get two halves of you like it. Better than being stuck with a whiffy pint

Fair first point. Always presume they'll be supped in two goes, and half glasses aren't aesthetically pleasing :lol:

Usually get a sample before I buy if I don't know the beverage.

As mentioned, Cuzzy, thought it was class.

One of their best IMO.
Started doing it more lately like. Thought real men only drink pints & then I thought about it & realised if I’m in say Vaux, I’m happy to buy 3 different halves than plump for a pint of one thing.

Two thirds in Vaux usually so I can try a few. In your example wouldn't it be three halves or a pint and a half?

Last edited:

I quite like the reading angle on it. If you’re a reader, the cost of a book each month is good value.

Last edited:

Back